New Camera

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Here's one of the pens I'm working on for a wedding order. We wanted to try out the new Camera. So here it is. What do you think of the Pen...the picture....and the camera?

200591142842_SLCowBlkTie.jpg

I'm wondering if my problem lies with the computer monitor. Connie is fixing the pictures on her laptop and they look ok. When I import them to the desktop they look yellow to me. BTW this is definitely a blank you'll want to paint the tubes before gluing up!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Mick,
Nice pen, nice picture. What kind of camera?
Originally posted by mick
<br />Here's one of the pens I'm working on for a wedding order. We wanted to try out the new Camera. So here it is. What do you think of the Pen...the picture....and the camera?

200591142842_SLCowBlkTie.jpg
<br />

I'm wondering if my problem lies with the computer monitor. Connie is fixing the pictures on her laptop and they look ok. When I import them to the desktop they look yellow to me. BTW this is definitely a blank you'll want to paint the tubes before gluing up!

mick

Don, we bought a 5.1 MP Olympus. The thing we liked about it was the .8 inch Macro range. It's a Much needed improvement over our old 1.3 MP. I'm still concerned over the pictures tho...on my monitor there's a definite Sepia tone. We're both thinking we need to add a couple of lights to our makeshift "studio"

Fangar

I really like the blank. What is that?

The photo appears to be fairly clear. I would recommend a little more light. Maybe something that flares the gloss of the finish a bit. Color is always something to work on for me, though I think I see a little of the yellow you mentioned.

Thanks for sharing.

Fangar

mick

James, thats a Craft Supplies Blank...I think ....lol. At least without looking thats what I'm saying it is! As for more light I think you're right I'm using five 75 watt daylight bulbs in one of those 5 light gooseneck lamps shinging onto a translucient white storage container, but I think I need one shining "into" the box from the front and above. Your pictures are alway great what kind of setup do you use?

airrat

It has been years since I worked with the deli system company. But they had a "true" light bulb that they put in the meat cases to show true colors. Not sure if the daylight bulb is the same but I remember how much more vibrant the colors were with that bulb. About twice the cost of reg flor bulbs.

btboone

A lot of the color issue might come from the background. In my opinion the backdrop is unappealing. It looks harsh and dirty, and it reflects upon the pen. There are a few people that have mastered the art of the backdrop. They invoke a classier setting for the pen. Check out Anthony's or Alice's pics for some insight there.

Fangar

Originally posted by mick
<br />James, thats a Craft Supplies Blank...I think ....lol. At least without looking thats what I'm saying it is! As for more light I think you're right I'm using five 75 watt daylight bulbs in one of those 5 light gooseneck lamps shinging onto a translucient white storage container, but I think I need one shining "into" the box from the front and above. <b>Your pictures are alway great what kind of setup do you use?</b>

Thanks Mick, for the kind words. I use a simple clear plastic storage box with two gooseneck lamps with 60 watt regular bulbs. I position the lighting in various spots and take about 5-10 photos of the same pen and select the best one. I have an Olympus C-5050 5 mp camera. I use mostly manual settings, that I have saved under a user preset. I would try moving the bulbs around the front of the box, and tinker with adjustment. Some pens work better when shined through the sides of the box for me too.

My background is just a white to black faded gradient. Simple is better there. Some don't like my granite, but for me it works well.

Good luck,

Fangar

nilsatcraft

I think it's a great looking pen, Mick. That's one of my favorite celluloid blanks- I've made a few pens out of it so far and they all have a really cool look. It's called the Black and White Marble Celluloid blank. You definitely have to color the tubes if you want the best 3D effect.
I did a quick enhancement in photoshop (I hope you don't mind!) and here's what I got. The black Titanium kit goes really well with the blank. Nice work!

2005912134038_200591142842_SLCowBlkTie.jpg

mick

Nils, the pic looks great! What did you do in photoshop. We've got PS6 and could do the same adjustments if we knew.
Originally posted by nilsatcraft
<br />I think it's a great looking pen, Mick. That's one of my favorite celluloid blanks- I've made a few pens out of it so far and they all have a really cool look. It's called the Black and White Marble Celluloid blank. You definitely have to color the tubes if you want the best 3D effect.
I did a quick enhancement in photoshop (I hope you don't mind!) and here's what I got. The black Titanium kit goes really well with the blank. Nice work!

2005912134038_200591142842_SLCowBlkTie.jpg

nilsatcraft

Mick, I used Photoshop Elements (that's what I have here at work) but I believe PS6 has it, too. Just go to image&gt;adjustments&gt;autolevels. That works sometimes but I usually like to manually adjust the levels, brightness and contrast, saturation etc. Autolevels is nice for a quick fix like this, though. The picture still has to be pretty good to start with, like yours was.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom