New Cambridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

armyturner

Here is a cambridge that I finished for a customer tonight. I would never have thought of using this color blank on a Cambridge kit, but it looked better than I expected once I got it assembled.

callsandpen006.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

armyturner

The colors don't have any significance, he just likes bright acrylic. I did paint the tubes and inside of the blank and I also add a drop of paint to the epoxy to color it.

JHFerrell

Ya know, I gotta say that it just does nothing for me at all. I've always thought that these really nice, high end kits really need a subdued blank to accent the decorations. I will say thought that your work is beautiful...fit and finish look great. Overall though this pen just doesn't work for me.

armyturner

John,

I am really with you on this one. If I were making one of these pens for myself I would problbly use a nice dark trustone blank or darker acrylic. But I will make what a customer pays for;).

JHFerrell

yeah, I know what you mean. I've had to make stuff for customers that I didn't really like too. Sometimes I think the old cliche "the customer is always right" should just be thrown out the window!

Top Bottom