New breast cancer pen with blank from Dai Sensei

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

angboy

Neil, AKA Dai Sensei, recently supplied me with a couple pen blanks from his home cast pink series, which is the perfect breast cancer pink color. As you may recall, I recently posted a pink breast cancer ribbon pen I'd made for myself, after my recent diagnosis of breast cancer. Well, I had the pleasure of being introduced to a local woman who the only thing we have in common is being breast cancer patients. She's been dealing with it for 20 years and has had about 4 recurrences and a mutual friend thought she might be a good support to me. Two months ago I didn't know her, but now she's become a huge source of support for me as I go through my treatments. So I wanted to make her a pen to show my appreciation for her support. I thought this would be an ideal choice.

I'm also planning to make her one that has the pink ribbon on it and give it to her as a set, but I got this one finished and wanted to go ahead and post it, since I know Neil has been waiting to see the finished product. Like me, she works in the mental health field and I figured she'd like having a pen that represents her dealing with breast cancer, but isn't as blatant of a statement suggesting that one either has breast cancer or has been touched by it directly, since discussions about that aren't usually something you want to get into with your mental health patients. So this pen is a nice, subtle way to still acknowledge her ordeal, but I figure she can use it at work and not have to face any questions that a breast cancer ribbon pen might generate. Thanks so much Neil, I love how it turned out!

Attachments

• April 8 2010A.jpg
    April 8 2010A.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 197
  • April 8 2010B.jpg
    April 8 2010B.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Angela,
That is a beautiful pen. I am sure that your new friend will really love it. I hope that your journey is full of support, love and friendship. I have many friends that have dealt or are dealing with breast cancer. I admire all of your for your strength and determination.

Pioneerpens

Angela,
Pen is beautiful! So glad you have someone close by that can be a support system...She will love the pen!! I also have a friend going thru treatments at this time...I know how difficult it can be and all good thoughts are headed your way. Stay strong and continue to 'fight like a girl'!!
(hugs) Jennifer

What a superb pen! Very well done, it looks amazing.

You are in my prayers and thoughts, as is your friend. Keep your chin up and stay positive, even when the gremlins come a calling making you think thoughts that are best left buried deep beyond recall.

Your friend sounds like a real trooper. Lean on her in times of need and allow her to do the same with you. You WILL get through this. No ifs - no buts! And keep posting pictures of your magnificent pens. You are an inspiration.

I am sending you all my good thoughts and prayers as i type this to you, and my family will do the same. They all wish you well.

Best regards

Stuart - Turnedwritepens

Top Bottom