New BOW What do ya think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nightowl

nightowl

OOPS! Helps to have a pic. Your opinions are appreciated.

Attachments

• BOW.jpg
    BOW.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My opinion truthfully. I'm not a big fan of those bulges.

I feel it is sacrilege what you have done to that BOW! Just my opinion!:)

leehljp

Member Liaison
How to Edit instead of making a new post: When you make a post, look at it after it is posted. In the bottom right side of your post will be a little button called "Edit" next to the "Quote" button. Click on that and you can change things in your post. Very easy to do and not complicated.

Last edited:

jkeithrussell

I see from looking at your photo album that you like to work with the bulges and coves. A lot of your pens look really nice. You at least have a unique personal style. On this particular one, I would suggest that perhaps the bulges are a little too bulgey. The clip appears to be pushed out by the bulge on the cap end. Thanks for posting the pic.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
David, there is a nice shine on the BOW, and it is always good to see turners experimenting with custom center bands.

However, I don't think the center band shape fits on this particular pen. Also, like many of us have done, you left this pen over contoured. It appears that the clip is non-functional. Pregnant pens just look pregnant, in my opinion. That is the beauty of the site, we all are allowed an opinion. Mine is that the wasp waist belongs on a wasp, not a pen.

FWIW,

nightowl

I hear what everyone is saying about the bulges, but I just hate to turn all of that wood off. Maybe I should stick with bigger kits? Thanks for all of your opinions.

Nick

Keep your head up

David,
Don't be discouraged by some of the comments posted here. I know they all mean well.
Turning , for me is a relaxing time, I satisfy my self with what I do. If you are happy and enjoy what you do, then continue regardless of what others say. I frankly like slimlines with something other than straight blanks, The folks that I sell too do as well. I do encourage you to do designs as you like, regardless.

Top Bottom