New Berea Kit: The Cambridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaspar

CambridgeRollerballw-ItalianOnyx-sm.jpg

This one's a rollerball, made with Onyx. I really like this one. It's my new favorite.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaspar

Heh, still taking piccies with my scanner, unfortunately. I have a kind of love / hate relationship with Berea kits. The design is sometimes quirky, but he sure does the aesthetics well.

Kaspar

I wish they could do a little more with cleaning the black off the raised silver, but I still like it very much. I did this one with the Onyx for a formal look, and in keeping with the rule "fancy kit, use plain blank." However, I have another kit and I will probably do it with a dark wood, probably something with the pattern to it. I'm even flirting with trying a Gold Dyed BEB in it.

Firefyter-emt

Nice job.. I really love the look of this kit, and that blank is great with it.

I am working on the needed pieces to build a hybred Cammbridge FP. I now need to buy a gold tone Ligero kit for the gold nib coupler and a replacement 2-tone nib. Larry Olsen was so generous to send me one of the few Ligero FP kits around so I have the needed FP parts. I plan to use the CSUSA kit design nib holder. I love this kit, but refuse to make one until they fix the nib coupler issue. However, it may take a couple of kits to do what I want, but I will have this kit in a "non-breaking" version when I am done! [;)]

Kaspar

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />Nice job.. I really love the look of this kit, and that blank is great with it.

I am working on the needed pieces to build a hybred Cammbridge FP. I now need to buy a gold tone Ligero kit for the gold nib coupler and a replacement 2-tone nib. Larry Olsen was so generous to send me one of the few Ligero FP kits around so I have the needed FP parts. I plan to use the CSUSA kit design nib holder. I love this kit, but refuse to make one until they fix the nib coupler issue. However, it may take a couple of kits to do what I want, but I will have this kit in a "non-breaking" version when I am done! [;)]

Yes, I've had trouble with that myself. As I said, the Berea kits are quirky, which was a nice way of saying great aesthetics, iffy design and execution. But I'll try to be delicate with it. I do like the look. It has been noticed by a few people already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom