New Baron Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Here is my Baron Rollerball... wood is Curly Eucalyptus from Hawaii... the finish is BLO followed by Chestnut Cellulose Sealer buffed with 0000 steel wool and then 4 coats of thick CA sanded to 12000MM wet and then Hut Plastic Polish and Ren Wax...
The photo does not do the color or chatoyance justice.. the color is kind of a pinkish orange with real nice curls that glisten in the sun...
I have a couple of pieces of this being stabilized with some instrument grade curly koa at River Ridge.. the stuff being stabilized is even nicer than this blank... I can't wait to get it back..
Critiques always welcome...

200536202819_CurlyEucalyptusBaron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
No Lou, the fact that is was actually warm enough to spend some time in the garage did... turned on the torpedo heater, set it's thermostat to 55 and it cylced on and off maybe 3 times.... made for a nice time turning..
I am really hoping that it will warm up enough to really get some work done... I am planning to do our local farm market again in May and June to cover Mother's and Father's Days and Graduation gifts... but I need to get a load of work done and can't do it in the cold...

Tom McMillan

Wow, Tom---that's a beauty!!! Hey, you'd better move to Washington State---it's about 70 here today---and has been pretty nice for the past several weeks---guess we'll pay for it cuz we haven't had much rain though and not enough snowpack.

wicook

Very nice, Tom. That's a beautiful blank. It'll be nice to see what your pens made with the "stuff that's being stabilized" look like. I'm constantly amazed by what people (including me when I get lucky) find inside of a chunk of wood! God made some pretty amazing trees!

woodpens

That's a beauty, Tom. The finish sounds terrific! I can tell it is one of those that you have to see for yourself. Chatoyance seldoms comes through in photos. Very nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom