New ballistic pen seems on target

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

I just received my shipment of new kits from Exotic, and there was the new "Lever Action" style kit. I have been curious to build one, but concerned that it might not have the quality or weight of a real pen. Didn't want a toy. Built up a blank to test out fit, finish, barrel shape, and operation. I am impressed. Nice weight, nice action, good look. I was concerned that it would require a simple and boring straight barrel, but I got some lady-like curve into it. I am keeping it simple. Using end pieces and off-cuts. I think my customers will have me turning many more "Lucas's" for the holidays and I don't want to make it tough on myself. As always, thanks for taking the time and looking. Any thoughts, comments, or stories of your own are welcome. AND....if you don't get the pen's name, you are just too darned young!

Attachments

• LEVER ACTION-LUCAS 1 - 100kb.jpg
    LEVER ACTION-LUCAS 1 - 100kb.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 294

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen and an excellent use of off-cuts.

I have found the mechanism very solid and does not feel fragile to repeated use. And the detail-work on the upper section is excellent.

magpens

AND....if you don't get the pen's name, you are just too darned young!

:confused: .... and not young :frown:

Lovely pen !!! . Not an easy kit to add shape to, but you have done so admirably !!

OZturner

Outstanding Pen, Brian.
Spectacular Timber and Inserted Blank,
I love the way that you Duplicated the Incline of the Upper Body, onto the Blank, to achieve your Desired Shape.
Great Kit, Expertly Fitted and Finished.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom