New Art Deco Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from djwood1

djwood1

Here are a couple Art Deco pens I made over the weekend. The fountain pen is turqouise box elder and the ball point is Maple burl, both CA finish.

Comments welcomed!

Attachments

• Deco-F-BTN22k-29.JPG
    Deco-F-BTN22k-29.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Deco.JPG
    Deco.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Deco-bp-btngtn-35.JPG
    Deco-bp-btngtn-35.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

They both look good! In my mind though, I was thinking the big piece of ornamentation on the centerband should go in the same line as the clip.

broitblat

I'm still unsure about what I think about those kits, but I have no uncertainty about the great job you did with the pens. Great figure, color, finish, etc.

-Barry

pensmyth

I turned a Broadwell Nouveu Sceptre a while ago and really liked it so when PSI introduced the new Broadwell Art Deco's I couldn't wait to try one. I ordered one of the Art Deco twist pens and turned it this past weekend. Very easy to turn and assemble. My over all impression though is I don't like it. It's purely a cosmetic issue with me the gold band towards the nib side looks out of place and feels uncomfortable when writing with the pen. The little amber jewel in the clip lacks luster and for some reason looks out of place to me too.
This pen is modeled after the Majestic Squire which I like and I think I'll stick with.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful Pens! I really like the looks of the ballpoint you've made.

So how does the fountain pen feel in the hand?

Top Bottom