New Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

What do you all think of this color acrylic? I have included pieces that I also got from this. You can see what it came from in them.
Black TI Cigar was the best color match and it makes a regal looking pen imho. Comments are most welcome.
PS I learned an easy way to remove the core and cut it from now on. I ruined too many blades on my bandsaw so I tried something else that works much better and I get to wake the neighbors up with the sound heehee

Attachments

• IMG_4535_resize.JPG
    IMG_4535_resize.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4536_resize.JPG
    IMG_4536_resize.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4537_resize.JPG
    IMG_4537_resize.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4525.jpg
    IMG_4525.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jasontg99

I love it. Looks like there are some sanding lines though. I have heard bowling ball material is one of the hardest materials to good a good finish on.

Padre

Sledgehammer? 200 ton press?:biggrin:

I like the pen, it has an iridescent look to it.

Seer

How I do it now is cut around it with a battery powered cicular saw, it only has a 5 inch blade, then I put a prybar for nailis into the cut and pound on it all the way around and it comes apart easy but then the fun begins I do the same to the halves and cut them with the same say and do them the same as the whole ball and it gets quartered with luck sometimes the core comes out if not then some hammering works but I found if you take a small blow torch to the core and heat it it becomes real soft and allows it to be chiseled real easily thus I get the most I can from it.
I guess for the scratches back to the buffer, these old eye missed them but they are gettable.

Seer

Looks great. I've done that before, cut around the ball into the cement, then took my rock chisel and sledge to pound it.

Jeff there is no cement in these balls just the core which as you know really tears up blades and this acrylic is so opaque I have yet to paint any tubes even on a streamline I made out of the red material.

Seer

I love it. Looks like there are some sanding lines though. I have heard bowling ball material is one of the hardest materials to good a good finish on.

This material will give a good glossy finish no matter what some of the older style acrylics needed to get hot to give a glossy finish but these don't, I wet sand them and then put white diamond on them to finish them and they still retain the grip feature of the ball.

ctubbs

Aw, heck. I was thinking something that goes "BBBBAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGG! real early around dawn. Just hammer noise. Aw.:eek::wink::cool::redface:

By the way, real good looking pen there. Ever think of selling to bowlers?
Charles

Seer

Aw, heck. I was thinking something that goes "BBBBAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGG! real early around dawn. Just hammer noise. Aw.:eek::wink::cool::redface:

By the way, real good looking pen there. Ever think of selling to bowlers?
Charles

No bang but my little saw screams for mercy lol and I sell these to the pro shop that gave me them plus a few on the side.

Top Bottom