Nevus with stylus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

Greetings
Here is a Nevus pen with a mesh stylus on the other end. This is a good stylus for writing because the clip is away from the fingers. I backed up the nib with an eraser to get a firmer feel. This is my new daily stylus.

I got the stylus tip from penkits.biz, they sell the nibs without any metal collars so you can adapt them easily to your designs.

The Nevus was a challenge because if you don't get the tube length right the pen sticks out too much and may not retract properly. So can you guess some of my mistakes? I always make them. ... I forgot to paint the nib section, I painted the blanks and tubes only. The black band between the clip and the brass is a spacer to take up space because I faced the nib and the main tube too much. I had to use black because I ran out of green.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• P2070432.jpg
    P2070432.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 302
  • P2070446.jpg
    P2070446.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Lovely pen !! Thanks for showing.

What material is the blank ? I love the color and overall appearance.

wyone

I love the pen.. but I may be mistaken, but I thought with a lot of todays electronics they depended upon actual human touch. I used a mesh stylus and it worked intermittantly. I mentioned it to a friend and he told me about the touch part. He said, make sure you are touching the pen clip at the same time and that will be enough conductance to make it work. He was right. Not sure if this is the case with all devices, but that was on my Samsung S4 phone.

Penultimate

Mal
Thanks for the compliment. The material is an acrylic but I don't know the name. I purchased from a IAP member And the material wasn't labeled. I reverse painted the blank and tube white to help bring out the color.

Mitch
Thanks for the compliment.
Yes, you need to be in contact with the nib if there'd is not enough metal in the pen. I dont know how it works exactly but you need enough "material" to change the capacitance in/on the screen. It doesn't matter as long as it is conductive.

I've made styli(?) both with metal that you touch and with a complete wooden body. The wood body didn't have enough aluminum in it to work consistently, if I had put a brass tube in it I would have worked. When it did work it was very comfortable.

Top Bottom