Never saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

A Polaris that I really liked........Don`t like this one either.:eek:
It is wrapped in corin with a corian Finial (That`s sorta tricky).
No finish just sanded,EEE,White diamond,Brasso and Ren wax.
I thought the finial thing might help.....it didn`t.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• polaris.JPG
    polaris.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 381
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

You have just greatly improved the looks of the Polaris, in my opinion. I am very temped to buy a kit and give that a try. I have only made a couple of that kit, because like you I'm not real fond of the looks of it. But now...

workinforwood

I was thinking the same thing as Paul. I'm not into those pen's, but yours looks pretty decent. It would have been much better in a chrome over the gold. Should have recessed your final on the inside so the ring of the clip disappears too.

papaturner

Thanks for the comments folk.

Jeff I did think of the recessed clip but it was after the pen was completed and I saw that it needed it. I`m sharp like that:biggrin:

broitblat

I'm also not that fond of the polaris, mostly because of the finial. I like what you've done with the finial much better than the original.

-Barry

M

Mudder

I made one on commission from antler and used the antler tip for the finial. I had a picture of it but I don't know where it is anymore. I think I'm going to make another one.

I think yours is quite nice. If I might suggest something. Perhaps it might look different if you turned the finial similar to the nib end to give it some "flow"? Just a thought.

hughbie

perry, i have to agree with you on the polaris.....not high on my 'like' list....but....i have to say

you made it look better than i could have......good job...i like the idea about adding a corian nib and it would have been exceptional....

good job

Top Bottom