Never had this happen before...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from twoofakind

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoofakind

I ordered a few crushed pearl blanks from AS. I have made a lot of these, but never had this happen before. The pearl is showing through the finised pen. Normally that would not be a bad thing except it is normal silver pearl, in the past it seemed like the pearl almost matched the outside color and you could not see the silver. I have had mixed opinions so far, so I will show it to the guy who ordered it and see if he likes it. Has anybody else had this happen before?
Andy

200611913234_0304.jpg

2006119132315_0305.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Aaaah, I see what you mean. I guess that's bound to happen, but I dont like the way it looks. It's a little bit too much of a 'look behind the curtain'.

Still love that shape!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just read Bill's site, he describes the blanks as looking like "flecked celluloid". I would agree completely, it looks like celluloid.

Tell "pen collectors" that this is the case, they will be impressed.

Celluloid has a history of being used on high-end pens.[:p][:p][:p]

twoofakind

The only issue I think I may have is the abrupt color change. I have turned about 10-12 of this color before and not had any of them do this, they were even bought from AS as well. I had never seen a blank do this before and was curious if it is a one time thing or did they change the way they are made.
Andy

Skye

The problem, is the normaly when the flecks are cut through, it doesnt look like a tooth coming through a gum. That pen looks like it's teething in two spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom