Neon Nights Vertex, Beech Burl, and a couple others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from phil

phil

These are a few that ive gotten done lately. The Sierra and slimline are from back in december, but the vertex pens are from just this last week.

This is my new favorite. The Carbara i was carrying was a little to delecate for me to use at work, and so i thought id give this one a try. After about 5 days at (I work in a wax refienery, and im not nice to pens at work), it still looks almost as nice as it did the day i made it. (i took this pic today and made it last week) finish isnt wearing at all, and no problems with the click as of yet. ITS SO SMOOTH AND QUIET! sorry i just cant get over how nice this click is. I think they finnaly got one right. time will tell though! the red and white one is a late Christmas present for my friend. he works in the oil fields and needed a tough pen. i think it will fit the bill. It has some iradescance in the white and some in the red that didnt show up in the pics.
IMG_0217.jpg

The beech is some i cut behind my house, not thrilled with the kit i put it on, but i love the wood. it even has some of the bark left on it.
IMG_0215.jpg

Last one is an Antique gunmetal slim with a pearly white blank that has a subtle red iredescance (sp?) to it. try as i may i dont think i got it to show up, but it is beautiful. My wife picked out the color combo.
IMG_0216.jpg

I know pics arnt the greatest, and im sorry for writing so much. C and C welcome, but thanks for looking either way!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Perl

impressive

Pens look great. what steps did you take to prepare the beech after you cut it down to prepare it for turning?

phil

Thanks guys. I think the burl is on a sierra kit. its the one from woodturninz at any rate. and all i did to the beech was to cut it about 1"x1"x6" and set it in my furnace room. Very dry and quite warm in there. about a week later had it down to about 9% humidity and cut it to final dementions (5/8"x5/8"x5") after that i soaked it in thin ca, and turned it like normal.

Top Bottom