Nemo Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

This kitless pen is a style I have been calling Andromeda and has been done from a segmented Hoops and Loops Lucite material from Exotic.

One of my customers called it the Nemo pen and I think that label is going to stick.

It's fitted with a Jowo Stainless Steel 1.5 Italic nib and a converter.

Cheers,

Attachments

• DSC01281.jpg
    DSC01281.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC01284.jpg
    DSC01284.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC01285.jpg
    DSC01285.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC01287.jpg
    DSC01287.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC01289.jpg
    DSC01289.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sandsini

Just keeps getting better. Outstanding. Front page material....How do you sand the inside to have no visible drill bit marks?

Thank you! I run through a series of progressively finer papers then automotive rubbing compound and finally plastic polish. I just take strip of sandpaper and slip it into a slot cut into the end of a thin dowel and wrap it around a couple of times. It took me a couple of tries to get it done right, I took out some of the section threading the first time out and had to remake the section so that it still engaged. Next time I will polish the inside BEFORE I thread it!

Last edited:

lorbay

Just keeps getting better. Outstanding. Front page material....How do you sand the inside to have no visible drill bit marks?
Have you tried flame polishing?? I have always wanted too but I have not found anything small enough to produce the flame to get inside a pen.

Lin.

Sandsini

Have you tried flame polishing?? I have always wanted too but I have not found anything small enough to produce the flame to get inside a pen.

Lin.

Lin,
No, this is the first pen I've ever needed to polish on the inside! Flame polishing SOUNDS like the way to go, but I'm not quite there yet. Actually after having done the process a couple of times on this pen, doing it the traditional way wasn't really that difficult. I simply split the end of a dowel and wrapped a thin strip of sandpaper around the end, set the lathe on high and sanded away. I started with 400, then 600, 1000 and finished it off with automotive rubbing compound with a final splash of plastic polish. There wasn't really a lot of time invested, but I was nervous that I would get ham fisted and break something...

Takari

This is one of my favorite pens! What glue do you use to connect the segments? I want to play with segmenting but am clueless about the proper glue. I think epoxy would work best but would have to be clear, right?

OZturner

Eric, Yet another State of the Art Pen,
I love the Blank, In particular the "See Through" Windows,
Excellent Proportions and Profile,
Outstanding Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom