Need Help from Dario

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pmichris

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmichris

Hi All
Attached are photos of a Baron that I just completed that I am donating to our local High School Scholarship Fund Auction. I have one problem, the wood is some that I got from Dario when he was selling some of his seconds (if he does it again, just try to beat me to buying some :D) My problem is I am not sure of the wood species, I have my ideas but I need help from anyone but thought Dario might be the one who could tell me the quickest. Thanks for your comments as well.

20071733057_Baron.jpg

Pen with rest of the blank

20071733147_baron2.jpg

Pen resting on an old piece of Myrtle wood.

Thanks all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Chris,

I got the pic and honestly still not sure but I would guess it is chechen burl...judging from what I've sent out that time.

Woodlvr

Chris,
If I could get a picture of my pen on here I think that it would be a close match to yours, not as pretty but my pen is made from African Afzelia Burl. It really does look like it and I will try to get the picture to post. I hope that this might help.

Mike

pmichris

Thanks Dario Chechen was one of the ones I was guessing and I think you confirmed it for me (besides the folks at the Auction will believe whatever I tell them [}:)] )

Mike thanks I have turned some Afzelia and this was a bit different. Thanks for the help though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom