Need a good laugh?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Everybody needs a good laugh. I have a customer who same the Royal Flame Tru Stone on the CSUSA website and wanted me to make three pens from it. I picked some up in Provo and almost called him to say I didn't think he would like it. After I sent him a picture of it, he changed his mind. But, I needed to make a pen for a donation and I won a couple of Jr. Retro kits at the Rendezvous, so here's a 10K Jr. Retro in Royal Flame Tru Stone. The blank is much softer than any other Tru Stone I've turned and it also had several air bubbles which I have never seen in Tru Stone before.

2007750634_PICT0261.jpg

So go ahead and take your shots.

Forgot to mention originally, that I will be returning the other two blanks to CS.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Gerry, great job turning the pen as usual and I do like that Retro kit (I'll have to order some). As far as the blank goes, I don't think I will be ordering any of those. Thanks for sharing!

redfishsc

Looks to me 100% identical to the Hut Acryligem "Blue River Agate".
I ordered the "one of each" pack a while back. This particular color was rather underwhelming and there's a good reason that pen didn't show up in this forum. Their Polygem (versus "acryligem") is a much nicer product.

Hut blue river agate, from their site.
d1056.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom