nebee try

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jimofsanston

jimofsanston

Just did this glueing tow woods together. Also tried the CA and BLO method in the library. Be honest now but not to brutal.:confused::confused:
Sorry forgot to tell you the wood type. It is curly maple and wenge wood. I can invert the upper portion to have the wenge but thpught this would be better.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Maker

Jim, your a pen ahead of me. You know how I don't like that. And a Nice Pen if I don't say so myself.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice pen . You have a good start on the CA finish , and I too like the contrast in the wood . You could tell us what kind of wood it is . Well done !

chriselle

The segmenting looks great. The finish looks like it needs a little smoothing and I can't tell if it's just the picture or not but it looks as though you have some bleed of the dark into the light which is tough to avoid but there are ways to lessen it. Do a search. Fit looks really good.

Daniel

I fully understand practicing on a slimline kit, but would like to see the same thing on a single barrel. What I am thinking is three pieces, dark light dark maybe on just the upper barrel where everything would stay in relation to itself. Very nice start.
A longwood pen would give you more room on the upper barrel to play and still not break the bank if you flubbed it up.

jimofsanston

Believe it or not the dark did not bleed into the maple. I MM to 12000 then did the ca and blo with sanding between with 600 grit. it might have picked up some collor fromt the cloth under it is a little yellow might try to usee a whiter cloth or a gray one. I am using a home made photo box.

Top Bottom