Navigator with Stab. Maple Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kevin M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin M

This is the first kit of this design I have made but I really like it. It is a new listing in the Woodcraft catalog but I have seen others like it posted here under differant names. It has a 6 sided nib and the feel is nicely balanced. The wood is a stabilized Clear Maple Burl from Penn State. Also the first stabilized blank for me and now I want more!!!!!!

2005322495_Navigator%20Clear%20Maple%20Burl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

How funny, I am sitting here with one that looks nearly identical done from big leaf maple burl. I must say you have good taste. I will try to post my pic soon.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nice Kevin,,, that is the same as the Baron pen created and sold by Bill B at http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/New_Products.htm If you look at his site you will find it less expensive and also offered in more platings....
Doing business with Bill has an extra added advantage... he always throws a little something extra into the package... usuall a little teaser of some of his eye candy wood... kinda makes you want to go back and try some... LOL.. which I always do...

woodscavenger

Here is the one I was talking about.Twins, separated at birth. It is not stabilized so the ends are a little tricky without getting tear out but otherwise it turns like a dream.

55-maple-baron.jpg

Kevin M

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Very nice Kevin,,, that is the same as the Baron pen created and sold by Bill B at http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/New_Products.htm If you look at his site you will find it less expensive and also offered in more platings....
Doing business with Bill has an extra added advantage... he always throws a little something extra into the package... usuall a little teaser of some of his eye candy wood... kinda makes you want to go back and try some... LOL.. which I always do...

Thanks Tom, as I am in the market for more inventory (don't tell my wife) I will take your nod for Bill B. and give him a try.

Kevin M

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Here is the one I was talking about.Twins, separated at birth. It is not stabilized so the ends are a little tricky without getting tear out but otherwise it turns like a dream.

55-maple-baron.jpg

Woodscavenger, very nice! I will definately be making more of this style with some other types of wood in the near future.

driften

I got one of those from woodcraft also. I knew BB has them and cheeper but I though I might try one from someplace local first and then put in bigger orders from BB if I like the kit.

You did a great job on yours!!!!

Kevin M

Thanks everyone for the nice words, it's comments of this nature that keep me raising my own bar. So many penturners here do such fine work and are willing to share that I would like to say thank you. Because of this site of shared ideas, my pen quality has improved many times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom