Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbostian

jbostian

I turned a chrome navigator last night. I used a blank I got from Bear Tooth Woods but don't remember what it was named. I decided to try and turn a matching center band and finial for it. I think they came out pretty well for my first time. The one edge of the center band should have been rounded over more. But I learned a lot and the pen looks pretty decent in my opinion. Thanks for looking.

Jamie

Attachments

• Blue Navigator.jpg
    Blue Navigator.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Blue Navigator2.jpg
    Blue Navigator2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Blue Navigator3.jpg
    Blue Navigator3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsmith

When you are cutomizing parts it is real easy to go overboard, especially with the size and colors of the finial/CB. You did a great job with the proportions and kept it a classy looking pen, nice job.

jbostian

Thanks all for the nice comments.

Very nice combination. I really like the Navigator. I think it makes a sharp looking pen

I really like the Navigator too. I can get it at the local Woodcraft without having to pay shipping so that is a big plus.

When you are cutomizing parts it is real easy to go overboard, especially with the size and colors of the finial/CB. You did a great job with the proportions and kept it a classy looking pen, nice job.

I tried to keep the pieces close to the original sizes. I think if you go much bigger then then they take away from the overall look of the pen.

Jamie

Seer

Probably my favorite kit as they sell real nice and yours is very nice. I sold them in African Blackwood and Chrome and they make a very distiguished looking pen as does A very figured Desert Ironwood.

jbostian

Real nice pen Jamie ! Looks like you're taking this stuff seriously !:wink: Very nice work .

Thanks Chuck. I make a nice pen one day, then I have a day like today were I have a hell of a time with everything I touch.

Very nice looking pen. The centerband and finial really add a nice touch.

Thanks. I finally got the nerve to try making them. It didn't go too badly and I learned something from it.

Jamie

jbostian

I have alot of those days. More of those than productive days lately it seems.

It sure is frustrating isnt it? I had been on a pretty good streak until today. It will probably be a few days before I make it back in the shop. Maybe a little break will help.

Jamie

Top Bottom