Navajo Jr Gent fountain pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This pen is a closed end JR Gent done in my Navajo resin. The colors are turquoise,orange,red,brown and yellow. The tubes and inside the blank have been painted white. Sanded through the 9 Micromesh pads and polished with Novus heavy and light scratch remover.
Thanks for looking. Comments bad or good welcome.
Brian Kort
KnB Pen blanks

IMG_8764.JPG

IMG_8769.JPG

IMG_8768.JPG

IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_8765.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Brian the pen looks great as usual, however, not your best, but that would have looked better with more of that torquoise in it. Just sayin.......:rolleyes:

seamus7227

I dont know anything about color casting, but it looks like the yellowish color in the blank took control of all the other colors. Is it possible the turquoise blended in with some of the other colors?

Haynie

Where did it go?

In my experience the missing color is on the floor. I had a beautiful blue and green Lucite blank that looked like it was almost exactly half blue and half green. I drilled on a slight bias so as plan which end got the most blue and which end got the most green. When all was said and done there was NO blue.

I like the colors. Nice pen.

Gary Beasley

Nice colors, but don't go overboard touting the Navaho name. The tribe is getting pretty possesive of thier identity and have filed lawsuits on businesses using thier name, probably rightly so.
You might try casting some solid colors then cutting chunks and floating them in the yellow color so you have more blocky and solid colors, possibly more in style with the tribal patterns.

SDB777

Just luck of the pour as to what will be seen when the blank gets turned.....

What I really see is a great shape on the closed end! I like this.

Scott

Top Bottom