Nautical Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Simsonicole

Simsonicole

Did this one up for my brother...who is a Commanding Officer in the RAN. Looked so hard for the blank to use, but could not find anything appropriate. Tried to find a piece of wood from an old ship, but the bits I did find just made it too expensive to complete. Got this blank from a pen swap! It has that real stormy ocean look to it. Photo just taken by my ipad...

Attachments

• Neils Pen.jpg
    Neils Pen.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 279
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That is a beautiful pen !!!! . I am sure your brother will be thrilled.

In case you are interested, WoodNWhimsies.com has some wood inlay blanks for the American armed forces. . There is a chance they may have something that can be adapted for the RAN. . I know that they will do custom colours and lettering but if there is an insignia involved that could be a problem.

Skie_M

Hmmm ... best nautical themed pen I've seen so far was one where they cast a piece of a nautical map around a barrel tube for the same style PSI Nautical pen kit ... Is there not a section of an ocean or sea or straight that would be important to the recipient? Perhaps a detailed mapping (with water depths) of his home harbor, if nothing else?

DJBPenmaker

Did this one up for my brother...who is a Commanding Officer in the RAN. Looked so hard for the blank to use, but could not find anything appropriate. Tried to find a piece of wood from an old ship, but the bits I did find just made it too expensive to complete. Got this blank from a pen swap! It has that real stormy ocean look to it. Photo just taken by my ipad...
Great choice in the end, that looks fantastic. Sure to go down well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OZturner

Excellent Pen, Nicole.
Great Choice of Blank, and Kit
Beautifully Turned, Fitted and Finished.
I am sure he will be Delighted, and Proud, of what His Sister Made for Him.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom