nandina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaturner

Have any of you tried to turn nandina. Afriend of mine gave me the limb of a nandina domestica bush also called Heavenly bamboo. Care has to be taken when drilling but it touned very well.The color is a wonderful yellow(I hope my poor picture taking will show this). I did it in a simple slimline so the unusal material would be the star of the show. Finish is ca buffed with white diamond then waxed. I would recomend you give this a try,gonna be a seller,everyone has asked to buy. Thanks for looking,comments are welcome. Perry

2007122185119_nandina.jpg

The color stinks on the photo sorry. BTW The dark areas are the bark.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Finally someone has found something good in those bushes. I had them at a former house and I hated them. I couldn't kill them and believe me, I tried. A chain and a jeep didn't do the trick, I finally had to dig a huge hole around each one. Now I wish I had saved the wood....no I don't. But good looking pen. If you water it, I'll bet it will root. [}:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tommy, believe it or not, some nurserys in Louisiana raise this plant to sell!![:0] Like you, I have never cared for them. Got to admit the pen is nice, though!!

R2

Goes to show what can be had from what others might cosider a pest! That is a very interesting result and nicely done.[:)][:p][^]
We have Niandinas over here in the land of OZ and they are often used in street scaping. I rather like them and in mass plantings they look really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom