Name My Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bigj51

Bigj51

Well I've made another! I need ideas for a name for this pen design! I've only seen 1 other member making this style of pen and he calls his "The Prestige". I do not want to copy his name, so I need to come up with one that fits. I am about to be selling my pens in a local jewelry store, so this design needs a name. Please help!

Pictures do not capture the pearlescense of the tip and finial. I think the pearl and ruby contrast each other really well.

Comments and suggestions for names are welcome.

*Added incentive... Whoever comes up with the name for this pen style (that I choose) will get one of these custom made for them*

cd91bdcd.jpg

9d3d51a7.jpg

d32bf394.jpg

c0907875.jpg

dc2365bb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

How about the Starship series. The nib of the pen reminds me of the glow of a spaceship entering the atmosphere while the finial looks like the blast section of the rocket.

Beautiful pen, I love the simple, clean design. It really brings focus to the blank whereas the bling on the kit pens often takes away from the blanks.

Jim Smith
Conyers, GA

Last edited:

MattTheHat

How about Steve or Joe? :)

I wasn't even aware of the hardware kits for these until I saw another of your posts yesterday. VERY nice results!

-Matt

Charlie_W

How about "Lady in Red"? They could all be part of a "Lady Series"...Lady in Blue, Lady in Gold, Etc............Nice pen. Did you start with a kit or just parts and pieces?

juteck

NICE PEN!

I was thinking Strawberry Cheescake when I first saw it, then saw "Indulgence" as the first reply ---- Here's another vote for "Indulgence", even though I won't win the prize for that one!

D.Oliver

What do you think of "Ipsum" according to Google translator it means button in latin (I think the finial looks like a button).

65GTMustang

How about "MINE" I will send you my address...LOL
This is really a great looking pen! Well done.
If the first suggestion does not work for you how about
"Crucifixion"
The nib represents Christ coming as a man, prue white - without sin! The body of the pen represents what man did to him during his life and of the cross. The finial is his resurrection crown!
I think that is a great name with a testimony to back it up!

Bigj51

And the winner is.....

Thanks for all of the compliments as well as the name ideas! There were some very good ones and several that either seem to fit really well for for the pen design or have really good meaning behind them.

But alas I have to pick the one that I think fits the design the best. And thanks to Broiblat, I now have one. I am going to call it the "Aurora". The Aurora Borealis has very bright and intense colors and that is what I plan to incorporate in each of these pens that I make. I already have another finished that I finished about 1:30 this morning that i will try to get pictures of and online later tonight. The colors on it are even more intense than the one in this post.

Thanks Broiblat! PM me your contact and shipping info, so I can send you the spoils of your victory. I ordered another 20 sets of components from England on Monday and expect them either Mondy or Tuesday of next week. this gives me some time to come up with the colors I want to use and cast the blanks for your pen.

Top Bottom