Mystery Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I swapped pens with D.Oliver a few weeks ago. With his pen I received several really nice blanks. This one had a note written on it saying that, after I make a pen from it, he would identify it for me.:biggrin: OK, Derek.....what is it? :confused: :biggrin: Oh, and it's on a Chrome Cigar with a CA finish! Thanks for looking, and let's hope Derek chimes in with an ID soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

It's Russian Olive and you certainly made it look good! I've made a couple pens out of it that I liked, but I wanted to get some in the hands of a real penturner to see how good it could look. Nice work Chuck.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Derek, I've never turned any of this wood before and, it was very nice to work with. I appreciate the blank and, thank you for the compliment.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yeh, it really is nice stuff. I probably should have posted more angles. But, I hate to clog up a thread with a bunch of pictures. This one should have been the exception.

robutacion

Yeh, it really is nice stuff. I probably should have posted more angles. But, I hate to clog up a thread with a bunch of pictures. This one should have been the exception.

Hey, hey Mister...!, that hurts my feelings, you know...???:frown:

What would I be, without them...???:confused::rolleyes::biggrin:

Seriously, internet speeds in our days, are much better than some years ago, (apology for those with snail speeds, still...!) and pics do really help with issues...!:wink:

Cheers
George

IPD_Mrs

Very nice pen Dale. As always you have done a fine job.

As for your posting multiple pics - several don't bother me especially when they are the smaller ones and done the way you did where we all have a choice to click on them and see the ones we want. I think that really helps the folks that have smaller monitors and slower speed, while it allows the rest of us to enlarge the pic and look at the great job you do.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Hey, hey Mister...!, that hurts my feelings, you know...???:frown:

What would I be, without them...???:confused::rolleyes::biggrin:

Seriously, internet speeds in our days, are much better than some years ago, (apology for those with snail speeds, still...!) and pics do really help with issues...!:wink:

Cheers
George
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings George:redface: I guess I just think conservatively since I DO have satelite service.:frown: I normally feel that two photos of MY pens ought to be enough to bore anyone. YOU sir, can post as many as you desire as they are always worth viewing. :biggrin:

Very nice pen Dale. As always you have done a fine job.

As for your posting multiple pics - several don't bother me especially when they are the smaller ones and done the way you did where we all have a choice to click on them and see the ones we want. I think that really helps the folks that have smaller monitors and slower speed, while it allows the rest of us to enlarge the pic and look at the great job you do.
Thank very much Mrs.! It came together pretty well for me. Maybe I will be posting more views of them in the future.

Top Bottom