THE MYSTERY HIDDEN IN BANKSIA POD BLANKS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

Here's an example of the beauty and surprise that can reveal itself from the organic materials that George at Bit's O Timber provides. While some indicate that these are difficult materials to work, with a little extra time, some guided patience, and care, even a five thumbed novice like me can carve out the mystery and have a unique piece to display. No fancy tools or techniques, just a big ole gouge and some cyano-acrylic splashed on. Keep em turning boys!

Attachments

• TYCOON - Shamen Faces.jpg
    TYCOON - Shamen Faces.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 442
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Nicely done, Brian. You're right - lots of beauty and surprises in natural materials. I have made only one banksia pod pen and you're spot on. Slowly, lots of time and lots of CA.

bpgoldo

You ask, you get

Akula, I went into my archives and found a photo of exactly what you asked for. Here's the Tycoon "Shamen Faces" with the cap posted. My pleasure to respond. Thanks so much for your kind words and interest.

Attachments

• TYCOON - Shamen Faces 2 100 kb.jpg
    TYCOON - Shamen Faces 2 100 kb.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 204

robutacion

Oh mama, you are gooodddd...!

You have a very unique style of slicing the blanks at great angles and use the lamination /segmentation to amazing effects, always enhancing something within the blank, regardless of what it is.

I was right when I invited you to join IAP and share your great work, you have not disappointed, thank you...!

PS: Did I say that I like it...?:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom