My work so far...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
NIce job on all!

Since you asked... I will vote for the top far left, just because I appreciate the modifications for the long barrel. Maybe easy, but until you do a few it seems daunting. Well done. It is also a nice blank.

Woodchipper

Hard to choose! And you have only been turning pens for a month? Hope I live long enough to see what you are doing in one year! Great looking pens and photo. Like the zoom feature.

sfhipchick

Your pens are AWESOME!!! :)

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on completing so many pens, and creating so many stunning designs! They are all wonderful!

Second, I absolutely LOVE playing the "put these pens in order" game! I have finished 5 or 6 now and sometimes I lay them out in order of completion, and sometimes I lay them out in order of favorite! :) SUCH FUN!

Third: I downloaded your picture and put your pens in the order of my preference, but honestly, they are all spectacular! :) The ones that are lower down really have no connection to me so are lower in my list.

My favorite jumped out at me the second I looked at your pens...the brick-like wood is just so COOL! Please tell me what that is...is it segmented or could that be rotted wood that you stained or ??? Whatever you did is making me do back-flips all over the room! :)

#2 is also totally through the roof stellar in my opinion and I can see why you gave that red and black beauty center stage! :) TERRRRRIFIC!!! I am primarily attracted to wood or hybrids pens, so that I placed that one so high speaks volumes...the other non woods were also extremely nice!

You didn't ask us: "Which was my first pen?" And I will guess it is the most plain one (#8)? GREAT JOB, btw! My first pen ever was a solid purpleheart, and when I got back into turning a few weeks ago, it was what I thought would be a plain ash-like pen, from a wood I wasn't familiar with: Acacia. It turned out to be almost completely chatoyant with pretty grain, which made up for the fact that the wood was otherwise fairly plain.

Anyway, WELL DONE! I look forward to seeing your next pens! :)

Attachments

• pickapenorder.jpg
    pickapenorder.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 146

OZturner

Well I have basically ignored the Hardware, and Blanks, and looked at them from a Turned Quality, and I have Chosen the middle that is the wooden Blank Civil Bullet Pen.
That pen has Beautiful, and Precise Turning with Excellent Fit at the Nib and Clip ends, of the Blank.
That is what we should endeavour to achieve all the Time.
Congratulation, One Month, Incredible.
Brian.

Last edited:
Top Bottom