My Wifes Christmas Present

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Here is my wifes Christmas present. When your the wife of a pen maker, you get lots of pens for special occasions:biggrin: This is some Purple Web Celluloid with a #5 Bock feed and nib. It is very hard to photo this pen without bright direct light which i dont use when i photo, but it actually purple and has a web pattern on one side which i reversed for the cap and barrel and a mottled pattern on the other side. It also has sparkles throughout it. That what the spots that look like dust are, there sparkles:rolleyes:

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For Looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0768.jpg
    DSC_0768.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 789
  • DSC_0769.jpg
    DSC_0769.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 775
  • DSC_0770.jpg
    DSC_0770.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 770
  • DSC_0772.jpg
    DSC_0772.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC_0773.jpg
    DSC_0773.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 767
  • DSC_0774.jpg
    DSC_0774.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 786
  • DSC_0775.jpg
    DSC_0775.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 767
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paintspill

i've said it before and i'll say it again, i don't like these pens. but i know how much work goes into them, and my hat is off to you justin, very well done. i turn alot of acrylics and african ebony, 'black' finishes are tough at best. nice job. also one of the best clips i've seen. again, well done

wizard

Beautiful !!

Justin, That is an absolutely elegant pen!!! I'm sure Allison loved it !! Beautiful profile! I love the gold clip and nib with the dark purple! Regards, Doc:)

Timebandit

i've said it before and i'll say it again, i don't like these pens. but i know how much work goes into them, and my hat is off to you justin, very well done. i turn alot of acrylics and african ebony, 'black' finishes are tough at best. nice job. also one of the best clips i've seen. again, well done

Thanks for your input Marc!! What would you change? Is it because they dont have enough bling to look like a pen kit? Would a few accent bands to give it a more kit look change your view? Whats it missing for you?

OKLAHOMAN

Well done my friend, as Doc said the nib clip and body are made for each other. I hope to get down in your neck of the woods this spring....

Timebandit

Justin, That is an absolutely elegant pen!!! I'm sure Allison loved it !! Beautiful profile! I love the gold clip and nib with the dark purple! Regards, Doc:)

Thanks Doc!! She loved it!!! Purple and sparkles are her two favorite things:biggrin: And i love the smell of it!! Clears out the sinuses:biggrin:

paintspill

Thanks for your input Marc!! What would you change? Is it because they dont have enough bling to look like a pen kit? Would a few accent bands to give it a more kit look change your view? Whats it missing for you?

no its nothing like that justin. i wouldn't change a thing. i'm just a wood guy. i love the look of wood grain. the only reason i do any acrylics is because i've had requests for them. your work is awesome, just not my style.

Timebandit

no its nothing like that justin. i wouldn't change a thing. i'm just a wood guy. i love the look of wood grain. the only reason i do any acrylics is because i've had requests for them. your work is awesome, just not my style.

Gotcha!! So did you see the PITH pen i made!! It was wood:biggrin:Whatd you think of it?

firewhatfire

I think she is very fortunate. I started my first kitless and was hoping when I posted it the title would say watch out Timebandit. But after spending some quality time in the shop it appears I need quantity of quality time.

Phil

Timebandit

Clean and sleek Justin! Beautiful work sir!

Thanks Brooks!!

I bet she loves it. I love the shape and everything about it.

Thank You!!

I think she is very fortunate. I started my first kitless and was hoping when I posted it the title would say watch out Timebandit. But after spending some quality time in the shop it appears I need quantity of quality time.

Phil

Thanks Phil!! Just keep it up! You will get there soon enough!!

Very nice pen.

Thank You!!!

Beautiful.

Thanks!!!!

bitshird

Justin, it's a beautiful pen, Not my style either though, the reason being I'm a hamfisted klutz and couldn't make a pen like that if my life depended on it.

Your work still amazes me, and some day I HOPE I'll get busy on a kitless. and you put up a high target to aim for.

Timebandit

Great pen! I bet it really sparkles in natural light. What a great present!

Thanks!! It does!! I was surprised!! You can seethe sparkles in the blank before turning, but after turning they really pop!!

very nice, as usual Justin!

Thanks!!!

Justin, it's a beautiful pen, Not my style either though, the reason being I'm a hamfisted klutz and couldn't make a pen like that if my life depended on it.

Your work still amazes me, and some day I HOPE I'll get busy on a kitless. and you put up a high target to aim for.

Thanks Ken!! You will get there, dont worry:wink: I dont like shooting at the ground:biggrin:

That is one hot looking pen. Love the shape.

Thank You!!!

Top Bottom