My wife is now turning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rojo22

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
As some of the Southeast Chapter know, my wife has started to turn pens. I wanted to post a few of her first pens here, since she hasnt signed up for a username yet. I gotta say, she is getting a better finish on the plastic now than I get.....remember these are her FIRST pens....

Attachments

• Camo Bullet Small.jpg
    Camo Bullet Small.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Caramel Pen Small.jpg
    Caramel Pen Small.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Emporer Pink Small.jpg
    Emporer Pink Small.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Pink Sedona Small.jpg
    Pink Sedona Small.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Sea Foam Sedona Small.jpg
    Sea Foam Sedona Small.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Turquoise Sedona Small.jpg
    Turquoise Sedona Small.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Well tell her great job. Now why won't my wife come out to the shop and make pens?????.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
If I sell that table, I will be looking for a new house...since I wont be able to stay here...LOL...As soon as it comes back from the Georgia Fair, that table goes into the formal dining room with laser motion sensors protecting it...LOL.....

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Perry

She is making a REALLY nice pen for the swap, someone will be lucky to get it.....and a nice leather case...LOL.....

Robert

Rollerbob

Robert, appears your bride is doing some mighty fine work. It's cool that she want to join ya.:cool: Tell her great job and I wish I were a bit closer for the pen swap!!:wink:

IPD_Mrs

If the wife really enjoys it, then you will have to get a second lathe. We did and it is great being in the shop together turning and enjoying each others company.

Oh and I can still get the bigger rooster tail with a skew! Mike

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Her pens are REALLY nice. Please encourage her to join us here. I especially like the Sedona pens. What kit is the bullet pen? Is it a click pen?

nava1uni

It is a kit from PSI. The blank is also from PSI. The kit is the chrome version of their click kit. Was fairly easy to put together, but the click pieces are plastic on the inside, so I am not sure about the durability factor. The Sierra/Wallstreet to me has a much better click mechanism when I look at it. Only time will tell though.

Thanks for all of the input. We have a second lathe for bigger stuff, but I do see another mid to mini coming into the shop. When we visit with BuffaloBill, we set up two lathes, and everyone turns at the same time! Great fun. Oh by the way, did I tell ya she is also pouring her own PR pours now? Made some great blanks.

BuffaloBill

Hey Rojo,

Tell the Mrs's those look Awesome. Nice choice of blanks too. You can tell the female factor taking over in the Pink ones. I really like the Turquise Sedon. Sweet looking pen. That Cigar Ultra is well thought out pen too.

Top Bottom