My Wife made it, I did the rest...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

She asked that I post this for her tonight while she's at work. It's her very own Nouveau Sceptre FP. She decided on a nice purple with black matrix TruStone to adorn the components. She did all the work drilling, turning, and assembly. Then she handed it to me for photos and upgrading the nib to a Heritage semi-flex steel nib. Now I get to go shopping for some private reserve purple ink for her (and maybe a few items for myself:wink:). Thanks for looking and for any comments made!

037712x800.jpg
040796x800.jpg
045774x800.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

That's great that you both share the same interests. I can't even get my wife out into the shop!

Wow, wow - that pen is Regal! Give your wife my compliments. My wife is a huge fan of purple. I'll have to show her this one. I didn't even know you could get ink in purple. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

ToddMR

Wow! She did great. Been a while since my wife has done a whole pen. That kit I really like. The tru-stone looks good with it. Nicely done for sure.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
That's great that you both share the same interests. I can't even get my wife out into the shop!

Wow, wow - that pen is Regal! Give your wife my compliments. My wife is a huge fan of purple. I'll have to show her this one. I didn't even know you could get ink in purple. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

There are a tremendous range of FP ink colors availabe in bottles. Private Reserve has over 40 colors available across the spectrum, and Noodlers has over 70. Quite often this means that you have a variety of hues within a basic color. This lets you get just the shade of blue, green, red or whatever that you like.

brookswife803

What my darling husband failed to mention was how I drilled, turned, finished, assembled, and CRACKED my pen. He was wonderful and fixed my blunder so well that even I can't find where it was. Thanks all for the compliments. It's been a while since I've been in the shop so I'm proud of this pen. This is not a sales pen and was designed the way I like pens to feel which is why the barrel looks a bit hour glass shaped. Purple is my favorite color so this pen with its purple ink will adorn my desk for quite awhile. :)

I love your Nouveau Sceptre pen of which my wife also picked from all my pens (though it is a roller). It is a Wild Horse Jasper Truestone. My wife loves my pens but has 0 interest in making one.

Brooks803

What my darling husband failed to mention was how I drilled, turned, finished, assembled, and CRACKED my pen. He was wonderful and fixed my blunder so well that even I can't find where it was. Thanks all for the compliments. It's been a while since I've been in the shop so I'm proud of this pen. This is not a sales pen and was designed the way I like pens to feel which is why the barrel looks a bit hour glass shaped. Purple is my favorite color so this pen with its purple ink will adorn my desk for quite awhile. :)

I wasn't going to mention that part, but oh well....a lil CA and sanding goes a long way. You did a great job babe.

I love your Nouveau Sceptre pen of which my wife also picked from all my pens (though it is a roller). It is a Wild Horse Jasper Truestone. My wife loves my pens but has 0 interest in making one.

That's funny, the first one my wife made was that exact same pen. She was going to keep it, but decided to donate it to an auction to help generate $ for her SCDCTA (South Carolina Dressage & Combined Training Association) holy crap I can't belive I remembered that! Searched through some old pix and found one of it so here yall go:
100_4486700x308.jpg

I wasn't going to mention that part, but oh well....a lil CA and sanding goes a long way. You did a great job babe.

That's funny, the first one my wife made was that exact same pen. She was going to keep it, but decided to donate it to an auction to help generate $ for her SCDCTA (South Carolina Dressage & Combined Training Association) holy crap I can't belive I remembered that! Searched through some old pix and found one of it so here yall go:
100_4486700x308.jpg
Look, Twins :biggrin:

Attachments

• nova1.jpg
    nova1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 101

brookswife803

Thanks everyone, It was really fun turning again. I'm loving this pen. It sits on my desk in a place of honor. I'm waiting now on the inks to come in so I can try it out! I'll let you know how it writes and also I'll be doing a bit of a test to see how the components hold up to regular use! Should be interesting. :)

wiset1

Regardless...the pen looks amazing! If you read the forums long enough you see the most seasoned turners cracking material...or perhaps they just don't post that litlle bit ;-) You did a great job with this!

Top Bottom