My wife did all the work!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I just cast and turned it :wink:

When my wife went out from work on maternity leave I knew I needed to find her an indoor hobby to take up some her time. Otherwise we'd end up driving each other crazy! I bought her some paints and brushes along with a canvas or two. Some of you saw the full sized painted she did. Well I talked her into trying to paint a tube for me to cast. Why not right? So she did her magic and it came out REALLY nice! We had a bit of a problem with the green bleeding into the resin giving it all a slight hue but it really didn't do anything bad. To me it has a bit of age to it now. Since she's horse crazy and couldn't be outside riding her subject matter was obvious. I finally got around to turning it last night. She gifted it to her mother who's in town from TX helping with the baby. I told her I'd post it for her. Hope yall like it!

DSC01760571x700.jpg
DSC01764544x700.jpg

DSC01765612x700.jpg
DSC01766598x700.jpg
DSC01769599x700.jpg

Here's the full sized painting she did while doing the pen blank:

DSC01181700x639.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

propencity

Beautiful. The detailed work on painting the horse on such a small cylindrical area is very well done. And the gold fittings/cap blends in well also; can't notice the hue.

PTownSubbie

Very nice Shea! (Jonathon had the easy work....):biggrin:

You said the green bled. What type of paint did you use? Was it not fully cured?

ironman123

Kind of looks like a blonde female rider about to do a jump at a show.

My interpretation. (typing that word gave me a headache)

Ray

brookswife803

Thanks everyone. This was VERY challenging to paint. The painting is actually of a dressage rider and her horse in half pass. A dressage movement where the rider gets the horse to bend in the direction they will be going and moves the horse both forward and sideways at the same time. This move really shows the gymnastic ability of the horse to stretch and reach. I painted it to hopefully be a likeness of myself and my horse. Thanks for taking the time to look at my art and comment and thankfully J and I survived me being house bound. :)

Last edited:

Brooks803

WOW! A talented bunch you are! Making blanks, Painting, Making Babies.......

:eek:

Very nice Shea! (Jonathon had the easy work....):biggrin:

You said the green bled. What type of paint did you use? Was it not fully cured?

Shea used oils on it. We did try sealing it afterwards but I think it didn't cover it well enough. I'm pretty sure that's why it bled. It worked out in the end though. In person it has an aged/vintage look to it that's really nice.

Now we see how you kids make the house payment! Glad that talent is going to good use!!

:wink: Atleast that's how I contribute!

Thanks everyone. This was VERY challenging to paint. The painting is actually of a dressage rider and her horse in half pass. A dressage movement where the rider gets the horse to bend in the direction they will be going and moves the horse both forward and sideways at the same time. This move really shows the gymnastic ability of the horse to stretch and reach. I painted it to hopefully be a likeness of myself and my horse. Thanks for taking the time to look at my art and comment and thankfully J and I survived me being house bound. :)

You did a great job on it babe! Maybe one day I can talk you into doing 1 or 2 more for me to put up for sale downtown. After seeing this one all finished I think they'd sell FAST!

And yes I'm glad we survived you being house bound! Still married and still love one another :biggrin:

hanau

Looks great.

I painted my with acrylic paint (which compared to your wife's , mine looks like a Kindergartner painted it) and didn't think about trying oil paint. I was afraid of the paint bleeding.

If you don't mind how did you seal the oil paint?

Sataro

Great looking pen & fantastic looking art work! Great job both of you did creating that pen!

JF36

Great job to you both. Jonathon what did you use to seal it? I have found that clear acrylic in a spray can works the best..

Top Bottom