My Weekends Work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

It was an Acrylic Weekend, with a couple Spaulted Irish Beech thrown in for good measure.

Alien, Caribbean Cruise, Gecko, Hawaiian Blue, and Pineapple from Wood Pen Pro on Various Two-Tone Pacificas.

And two Spaulted Irish Beech with Acrylic Centerbands on Modified Chrome Slims. The one drove me crazy as I it looks like black sanding dust isn't, the spaulting looked like that in sections of the blank.

20087152129_Haverhill-Alien.jpg

200871521225_Haverhill-CaribbeanCruise.jpg

200871521237_Haverhill-Gecko.jpg

200871521248_Haverhill-HawaiianBlue.jpg

200871521257_Haverhill-Pineapple.jpg

200871521310_Tipperary-HawaiianBlue.jpg

200871521355_Tipperary-StellarCast.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I like the alien with the poker bands, great combo. The Gecko is so cool before it is turned but it lightens too much when turned. I have not figured out what is the best color to paint the tubes to keep the bright green. Now on a personal note I think that Sierras and Vistas look better when turned B2B. It is kind of like they are swelling and will keep going until they burst. :) On the spalted beech the bottom one tooks great with the solid brick color which accents the pen well. The one with the blue Hawaii is too busy with all the spalting on the wood. In both cases the joint between the wood and the acrylic look great.

Not sure you wanted feedback, but though you wouldn't mind a different viewpoint.

Mike

Russianwolf

Mike, I agree about the Gecko totally. It's very disappointing to see it go from "totally cool" to "so-so". I think I'll try to find a neon green paint for the tubes and see if that helps. A Cigar pen may keep the color a bit better too since the body is thicker.

These all had gloss white for the interior, so they are nice and bright.

I like the subtle curve I was able to get on the Blue Hawaii, but on some going bushing to bushing would water the color down too much I think. I can and do turn most woods B2B on these and do think it's the best look.

bitshird

mike, your weekends work sure was better than mine, your's even look good, i differ about the B2B I think they need just a little bit shape to make them feel right in your hand.;)

Top Bottom