Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtate

DSCN0089.jpg

Inlace acrylester
Lesson learned: Color my tubes
And what great material! Lessons there: cut fast and dry, sand slow and wet.

DSCN0091.jpg

Cedar with walnut centerband
Lesson learned: Measure twice Cut once.

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0098a.jpg

Acrylic body on Penatia FP
Lesson learned: Color my tubes. Okay - I got it already - color my tubes! Where's my Sharpie?

DSCN0103.jpg

Julia's redneck photo studio - gotta get better bulbs. Sorry for the poor quality photos. Its' the lighting. You know the pens are marvelous!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jtate

The Penatia is all over eBay. I bought about 14 of them when they were on clearance at BigLots. You have to drill a fairly wide but shallow hole at the end where the threaded ring goes in, a short piece of tube goes there and then the rest is a narrower hole with a concomitantly more narrow tube. I can't recall the precise dimensions and I can't tell you what sort of step drill would work 'cuz that's just too high tech for me. I just use plain ol' bits.

Penatia is made by cross. It's a real stiff nib but I like that. I rarely use a flexy nib. It's smooth as butter. Hey, it's a Cross product. They know what they're doing even if it's not ultra-high end.

Once you get it all turned there's just a teeny bit of material at the part where the wide but shallow tube is. Hence one can see through the material and note that I did not color my tubes. :(

The light box is a laundry hamper. I've been looking for them since I made this one with a laundry hamper I already had. Shockingly all the laundry hampers of this type that I'm finding are red or black, sometimes navy but never white. Whassup with that!

jtate

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENATIA-RED-CHROME-FOUNTAIN-PEN-by-CROSS-W-INK-NEW_W0QQitemZ160042676373QQihZ006QQcategoryZ29827QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Above is the link to a Penatia that was listed for $2.99 - with $6.50 shipping of course.

jthompson1995

Originally posted by jtate
<br />. . . a short piece of tube goes there and then the rest is a narrower hole with a concomitantly more narrow tube.

Since when does a self-proclaimed redneck use such fancy talk. People may start to reckon you got more learnin' that you let on.[:D][}:)][;)]

alamocdc

Originally posted by jthompson1995
<br />
<br />. . . a short piece of tube goes there and then the rest is a narrower hole with a concomitantly more narrow tube.

Since when does a self-proclaimed redneck use such fancy talk. People may start to reckon you got more learnin' that you let on.[:D][}:)][;)]

Well, she is a sicko-therapist.[}:)][:p]

EDIT: Oops... Julia I forgot to add... I really like the recessed finial of the Acrylester slim and the look of the other. Your work with bindes always impresses me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find me wonna them there hampers.[;)]

jjenk02

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />
Originally posted by jthompson1995
<br />

Julia, don't let em pick on you. [}:)]

Well, she is a sicko-therapist.[}:)][:p]

jtate

I think that was my evil ivory tower twin that stuck in that hi-falutin language. Pay no attention to that academic behind the curtain!

jtate

Thanks, folks! One of the things I like about this group is that you can count on some pats on the back from people who know what they're appreciating! It's one thing to have your mother say something is pretty. It's another to have knowledgable and skilled people like your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom