My Wedding Pen(for guestbook signing)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Many of you may not know this, but I recently got married to a lovely gal back on the 27th of June, named Jennie. I had been trying different ideas in my head on what would look cool as a wedding pen for our guests to sign the guest book with.:confused: So after lots of debate, I chose to cast the tubes in PR with my own designs. The lower tube( body) is a printed label with the sangria color and one of the stamps that we had made for our invitations. I first painted the tube white, let dry obviously, and then wrapped the sangria label around it. Then positioned the stamp over the label and rolled. The upper tube is just a colored label with our names on it and the date, tube painted same color as lower. Then both were cast in Polyresin.
This was actually my third cast with this design, so if it didnt work after this try, It was gonna go a different route, like maybe the trash can. :mad:We were getting married on a Sunday and by this point it was thursday before the third cast was dry and ready. So it was crunch time, but i was able to pull it off. The kit is a Jr. Statesman with Rhodium and black titanium platings. All comments welcome!!!!! Or whatever else anyone would like to say, no bother to me.

Attachments

• Wedding pen.JPG
    Wedding pen.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 532
  • Wedding pen2.JPG
    Wedding pen2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Wedding pen3.JPG
    Wedding pen3.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Seamus,
First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS:):):):) on getting married. Secondly, that is a unique and beautiful pen which will definitely be a treasured and priceless heirloom. !!! Great job!!
Doc

juteck

Great idea to have a personalized stamp, and also to include it in your pen design. I'm sure your guests recognized the custom work you put into it when they signed your guest book.

its_virgil

Hey, I've seen that pen...in person. It is a really nice looking pen, a very clever idea and excellent execution. Married less than two weeks and already in the doghouse....you showed your picture on the pen and rolled Jeannie so we couldn't see her. I'm sending her a copy of this picture.
do a good turn daily!
Don

Many of you may not know this, but I recently got married to a lovely gal back on the 27th of June, named Jennie. I had been trying different ideas in my head on what would look cool as a wedding pen for our guests to sign the guest book with.:confused: So after lots of debate, I chose to cast the tubes in PR with my own designs. The lower tube( body) is a printed label with the sangria color and one of the stamps that we had made for our invitations. I first painted the tube white, let dry obviously, and then wrapped the sangria label around it. Then positioned the stamp over the label and rolled. The upper tube is just a colored label with our names on it and the date, tube painted same color as lower. Then both were cast in Polyresin.
This was actually my third cast with this design, so if it didnt work after this try, It was gonna go a different route, like maybe the trash can. :mad:We were getting married on a Sunday and by this point it was thursday before the third cast was dry and ready. So it was crunch time, but i was able to pull it off. The kit is a Jr. Statesman with Rhodium and black titanium platings. All comments welcome!!!!! Or whatever else anyone would like to say, no bother to me.

seamus7227

Thanks to all comments!!!

Don, in my own defense:biggrin: the reason you cant see Jennie's face is because i was trying to capture the look of the stamp with the 81 cent mark and the barcode. My originals had the pen rolled so you could see her, but ultimately, the look of the stamp was what i trying to expose.

Thanks again to all.

NOTE: any good doghouse builders out there?:bananen_smilies035: LOL
I may need one approx. 8'x5'x5'

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Congratulations! The pen, and the top of your bride's head are both beautiful!! :beauty: You look pretty happy as well :biggrin:. I wish you and Jennie all the happiness in the world.

Buzzzz4

I may need one approx. 8'x5'x5'[/quote]

Nicely done! Now those dimensions sound like a nice little dogouse. good for a lathe, drill press, bandsaw and workbench. At least that's the size of my doghouse.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Congrats to both of you on the wedding!!!:biggrin:

I've never heard of custom stamps before. Are these stamps you can use to actually post something ( the invites in this case) through the regular mail? Great idea. The pen turned out pretty cool!!!:biggrin:

keithkarl2007

Congratulations. Thats an awesome looking pen. You will soon be able to forget every mistake you ever made (there's no need for 2 people to remember the same thing) :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

seamus7227

I may need one approx. 8'x5'x5'

Nicely done! Now those dimensions sound like a nice little dogouse. good for a lathe, drill press, bandsaw and workbench. At least that's the size of my doghouse.[/quote

those were my thoughts too!!!!:biggrin:

Congrats to both of you on the wedding!!!:biggrin:

I've never heard of custom stamps before. Are these stamps you can use to actually post something ( the invites in this case) through the regular mail? Great idea. The pen turned out pretty cool!!!:biggrin:

Steve, if you go to www.stamps.com , that is where you can upload your own pics and choose which value you would like the stamp to be and then they will ship a sheet of them to you after you pay of course. Yes, we put them on our invites and mail out.

That's a great pen. The picture in it, is it a stamp?

I am going to post a pic tonight of the stamp sheet on this thread so this may help some of you understand how this worked. Thanks to all the great comment!!

broitblat

Congratulations. That is a great looking pen (did you manage to keep it from walking away during the ceremony/reception) all the more impressive that you had time/space to make it in the week leading up to the wedding.

-Barry

seamus7227

Picture addition

Ok fellas, here are some pics of the better half and the pen together. It really only looks the best in the opened position. :biggrin:

Attachments

• wedding pen jennie.JPG
    wedding pen jennie.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 83
  • wedding pen jennie2.JPG
    wedding pen jennie2.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 79
  • wedding pen Jennie 3.JPG
    wedding pen Jennie 3.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom