My very own fusion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike Powell

Mike Powell

Fusion is what my wonderful wife calls them. I have had a decent couple of weeks here. I have sold six pens and made nearly 300.00. I am pretty stoked about it.

I have been in the garage working the new pressure pot. I have had a few failures, but that is to be expected. BUT, I have also had some come out that are really cool, at least I think so.

Attachments

• DSC01608.jpg
    DSC01608.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01601.jpg
    DSC01601.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01607.jpg
    DSC01607.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Big

That is really awesome Mike. I really like your "Fusion" work too. Congrats on selling the pens. Keep up the great work my friend. I am in the beginning stages and have yet to buy the equipment. I'm learning as much as I can before I get started. It is so cool to see the amazing and beautiful work that folks are doing. I would love to know how you go about making those. I'm guessing that you take partial or incomplete wood blanks, fill them in with resin in a cast? Anyway, they are turning out really, really well. i especially like the green one.

Mike Powell

Big, if you time it right you can catch the deal of a lifetime. I have a harbor Freight pot and went to a plumbing supply for the brass (all info needed is in the library). I got my pot off the show room floor for 60.00. Like Nike says JUST DO IT... Its a blast. Yes, you have the jist of it down. I pressurize to almost 60 and let it sit over night.

Mark. Thanks, I really enjoy doing these. These are just a few that made it, the others are in a millions pieces on the floor because of my rookie mistakes.

Krudwig

Did you use Alumilite or poly resin ? I just started with my pressure pot and had a few failures with alumilite but also some good blanks too. I was able to get my pot at hF for 74 dollars. I used the regulator and gauge but did the mod with brass pieces that cost 23 so for 100 dollars got a pot that holds pressure at 80 # I also did the two tier tray to fit the pot.

Top Bottom