My VERY FIRST PEN EVER!!! Thanks to Daniel.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Hi everyone, I'd like to preface this post by saying that I am Still glowing; the only thing I have to be sad about right now is that I'm not making another one as we speak! I don't have my equipment yet, and so DanieL Yourdon of www.Yourdonspens.com. has been kind enough to guide me along the " path of the pen" and even let me use his equipment. To him I am ever thankful.:D

Below is a pic. of my very first pen! It is a Cigar Kit from Ryan @ Woodturningz in Black Chrome for the centerband and clip and Platinum (that I Frankensteined off of a cigar pen that I had bought previously), for both ends. I gues you could call it Black Chrome Platinum! The wood is a piece of Lilac root burl that had simply lay dead in my front yard for the past three years. That is until I recently yanked it out and had it cut up! The finish is CA , micro mesh and HUT friction polish. I couldn't be happier for my first pen!

I AM HOOKED! If anybody who buys me Christmas or Birthday presents is reading this, you can always get me, oh say, i dunno' a lathe, or a drill press(with at least 3" of travel), band saw, table saw, or grinder maybe... Look what you can do with that kind of equip! That's all I have to say about that...

Thanks for being such a great group to be a part of!

Ben

bchavez@unr.edu

2005445327_My%20first%20PEN%20in%20Lilac.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

driften

Yea I know what you are saying! I was the way with my first pens.... its hard to keep your feet on the ground after making something so nice! Your first pen sure came out better then my first one.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Cigar, mixed kits and a burl all in a first pen? That's a lot gutsier than I was...and with a much better result. Great piece, Ben! Hold onto this one. There's nothing like your first. Congrats!

Good work Ben. It took me along time to get to Cigars but I really like them. Good looking wood and it was just laying there waithin on somone to show its inner beauty.

Leather Man

Great looking pen Ben. Good finish too. They will keep getting better and better and better until you have so many nice pens you won't know what to do with them all. Great job.
Ben

Fleabit

**Clapping wildly*** Very nicely done on the first pen! And welcome to a new, time consuming addiction! I would hold on to that first pen and show it proudly. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom