My Very 1st High-End pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

My father ordered me the Majestic Jr. kit from PSI for my birthday. I turned it today using one of Ed and Dawns Cetacean Sea's blanks. The kit is Black Titanium and Rhodium.

Let me know what you think. Also, for a pen like this, what would you charge?

Thanks

Attachments

• C-Sea 004.jpg
    C-Sea 004.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 531
  • C-Sea 005.jpg
    C-Sea 005.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 339
  • C-Sea 007.jpg
    C-Sea 007.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 230
  • C-Sea 008.jpg
    C-Sea 008.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 229
  • C-Sea 010.jpg
    C-Sea 010.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 361
  • C-Sea 011.jpg
    C-Sea 011.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful pen, Brian! Very well done and really gorgeous!

My favorite photo is the second one.

maxman400

Very nice indeed, I am with CSue on the photos I like to 2nd best. as far as price I have no idea, as I have not yet done a High-End Pen.

Bree

Majestic pen Brian! I would charge as much as humanly possible for that pen!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Charge? It would take several Benjamins to get that one away from me. I sooner use and enjoy it as let myself feel screwed if I let it go for not enough.

broitblat

If I just plug the numbers into the formula I normally use for pricing pens, I'd come up with $110-ish, but that pen just might be worth a premium -- it looks great.

-Barry

Fred

Good job on your work.

Definitely put this one in your pocket. Use it in public, but don't let it out of your sight as it will definitely be one that grows legs. Let folks see it and if they want to use it be sure to keep the top in your hand so they don't borrow it for too long.

I have no suggestion for a price, but would probably start asking at least $125 - and be glad to accept a counter offer of $110.

Rmartin

Nice work, and thanks for the heads up on the sale. I've made a couple of the full sized which are a bit too big for my taste, but at that price, it's worth the drill bits alone.

ldb2000

You did a great job on this one Brian . I get between $125 and $150 for the Black Ti Majestics and $150 to $200 for the 22K Gold ones depending on the blank .

alphageek

Former Moderator
Brian... I'd say around the $120 or higher... One of my rules when using the pricing formula is to ignore when you got something on sale... Price based on the normal price if it sells and you want to make another similar to sell again. That way if you happen to get a kit on sale, great, but you won't cut into your margin if someone wants to by another like it from you.

fernhills

I just sold a a full size Majestic for $149 last month, that is on the lower end of the pricing spectrum according to some. I feel it was a realistic price, givin the economy right now.

jyreene

Nice work Brian. Now I can't wait to try my hand at my first Majestic. I did the same thing through PSI and had to wait a bit for my kit. I ended up having to order to so both myself and the wife could try them.

CaptG

Great looking pen, great blank selection. I only use premium burl or a premium acrylic (like yours) on these kits and price them at $210.00. I add $30.00 for snakeskin, antler, trustone, or carbon fiber. Another $30.00 for fountain pen, and add a 14K nib add another $100.00, $150.00 for 18K. I have sold three Jr. Majestic fountain pens in blue lapis with 14K knibs for $370.00 each. I did add a bottle of private reserve ink to keep the customer away from the poor quality ink that does not flow well. Do not under sell quality work, the customers that buy the hi end pens know what they want and will shy away from a lower priced product. Keep up the good work and welcome to the next level in pen sales.

PR_Princess

Very nice Brian, you did a great job!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm with the rest - I really liking this match up. This pen should bring a pretty penny for you!:cool::good:

Great looking pen! If I sell that pen in that style blank, I get $150.00 for it. I price it to sell faster, I dont like to hold onto them. My ego can get in the way of someone enjoying my work and spreading the word. I cant buy more stuff if the other stuff doesnt become someone elses stuff.

Top Bottom