My version of the Yin and Yang

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

So, many of you have seen the Ice Age Blanks that Pat Ankrom makes with Black resin and Mammoth Ivory. Well, I paired one of them with a Platinum Panache kit. (apologies for the poor pics, I'll be taking some better shots later)

DSCF2333.jpg

Then working with Pat, I sent him a box of scrap Bog Oak from pieces I had cut up and had him cast it with Ivory resin. I paired one of these also with a Platinum Panache. I'll be calling this blank Bog Ivory.

DSCF2334.jpg

Now, due to the blank lengths, I did have to trim the tubes down and the Bog Ivory a little more that the Ice Age. So in this pic you can see both pens.

DSCF2330.jpg

And to mix it up and have a true Yin vs Yang, I swapped the rollerball section to a Fountain in the Ice Age.

DSCF2331.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

thanks guys, it did come out a little whiter than I'd like, really was hoping for more of the antique ivory color. My original concept in having these blanks made was a Guinness blank, so want the color of the head of the beer. I have plenty more scrap Bog Oak, so if at first you don't get what you want........... :biggrin:

These will be good for Oreo lovers.

nava1uni

I think both pens are really nice. It would be interesting to have a pen made with both items in it. Two reallllly old fossils together in the same pen. Colors would contrast each other.

Hey Mike,

Nice pens ya got there. If you're interested in trying again we can definitely get the color a bit more to your liking. I'm more than familiar with the color of foam on a nice, frosty glass of Guinness!!

Top Bottom