My Version of a Flag Pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

Well, here it is. I made this from three PR pours and got crafty with some epoxy and my bandsaw. I have the making of this pen on video if anyone is interested in it, I will upload it to youtube sometime this week.

PatrioticPen.jpg

Anyway, I am not entirely sure what I am going to do with this pen yet. I have a few options. At the school that I work for, we had a surviving Tuskegee Airmen come and speak this last week, he may like it. Or, I can donate it to the man making the drumhike and it can be auctioned off to support his cause. Last option is to send it oversees and let one of our troops use it to write his loved ones.

I am up in the air on that...Any suggestions, please feel free to offer.

I apologize for the photo ugliness. Recently, I have been building a lot of flat stuff so my make shift photo tent is not together.

Thanks,

Grub

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

Thanks for the positive replies...This was a challenging project that came out very well. I am still torn on what to do with this thing in the end.

Grub

jaeger

I still haven't received the pen in the mail yet...Oh...that wasn't one of the options.... DARN ......

actually, I just wanted to bump this thread again because it is such a cool pen.
So, what did you end up deciding to do with it?
Inquiring minds want to know!!!

ToddMR

Very nicely put together pen. I really how you made it look not real busy but still achieved strong meaning. That is a hard choice on who to give it to. I might lean towards the airman, not sure why really. I know active military normally thinner pens work better, at least that is my take. Either way I think whoever ends up with that pen will be very grateful.

Lenny

Looks Great!

I look forward to seeing the youtube video .... your other casting videos have been very helpful .... I would (and do) recommend to anyone (like me) who is just starting out casting.

Top Bottom