My various pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cloven

Cloven

I am creating this thread to show the pens that I made/will make. Rather than creating a new thread for each one, I will just append on to this thread, so if in the future I want to show someone a history of my work, I can just direct them here. Comments are most certainly welcome, but maybe try and keep it specific to a picture I post so that this thread doesn't get bloated with unrelated discussion.
These are the first two pens I ever made, a pair of slimlines. The left is ironwood, don't know what the right is.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cloven

second fountain

This is the second fountain pen I made. It is some sort of spalted wood I got at the welbeck sawmill show and the kit is a baron. I gave this one to my Grandfather. The first one I made is a plain Baron that I kept for myself because the CA finish didn't turn out well, but on this one it came out perfectly.

Cloven

third fountain, first celtic

I made this one out of Walnut with Ash inlay with a Baron kit. This is where I learned about the importance of having inlay material be a contrasting colour, because on this one the knot work doesn't stand out as much as I would have liked. A coworker bought this one off me.

BJohn

All three look nice, like the Baron. Not sure if it is spalted. usually they have black lines (were the wood is decaying) running through the wood. But it surely is nice.

Cloven

two sierras

By this time I got pen jaws for my nova chuck and a drilling head for the tail stock, so I could drill the pieces on the lathe. The drill press I was using before had a tendency to wander by the time it reached the bottom, so the holes were never quite perfectly centered, nor was the brass tube a snug fit before. With these two pens, though, the holes were drilled dead bang on. They are a pair of Sierra clicks from a single Bethlehem olive wood blank and a CA finish. I gave one to my parents and one to my younger brother.

Cloven

first acrylic

This is the first acrylic that I turned. It is a pink pearl - rose quartz blank with a princess kit with pink crystals, and I gave it to my wife. Not only did I MM sand these, but I also got the hut plastic polish when I ordered the kit, so this one came out super smooth and shiny. My dad is bogarting the olive wood sierra I gave them, so I may make a similar one for my mom but with clear crystals. All my wife's friends see this one and want one too. I don't want to make a whole bunch exactly alike, so I may try other pink blanks too.

OZturner

Excellent Collection of Pens, David.
Your single thread posting may work for you to reference too as you mentioned.
But I for one, find it too difficult to give feedback on any and all the postings.
Where as a Single post is no inconvenience for me to respond too.
From what I can recall, and from what I have seen, you have a lot of good things going for you.
Brian.

Cloven

light box

again, forgive me for posting so many replies at once. I finally got to take a bunch of light box photos, and I'm on my lunch, so need to get these posted.
Here is the one I made for my father: gold sierra click on bethlehem olivewood

Here is the one I made for my wife: pink pearlescent acrylic on pink crystal princess kit

Top Bottom