My "unicorn"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkHix

MarkHix

If you saw the movie Gone in 60 Seconds....this is my unicorn, my Elenor...if not...well....watch the movie.....

This took 3 blanks to finish. Jr. Statesman wrapped in red Truestone. On the first blank, I started pressing in the cap (last step) and it chipped off....set it aside because it was the only one I had.

Picked up another, cut the blank for the cap, drilled it, mounted the tube, turned it, finished it and then......did it again! I had used the other part of the blank for another pen so.....back to the store.....

Third time was the charm. Elapse time......4 months. Now when someone asks how long, I can answer truthfully "4 months".

Thanks for looking...please ignore the fingerprints.

Attachments

• Truestone.jpg
    Truestone.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 243
  • Trueston Statesman 2010.jpg
    Trueston Statesman 2010.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkHix

(sigh).....

Well, I named her right....James sent me a pm....I made a mistake on this pen. I have fixed it now. No new photgraphs unless I decide to put it on my site.

Anyone else pick out my error? We might as well make this educational.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, I found the slight mis-mounting.

Edit: hey, don't divert my attention, I will forget where I am!!!!

I meant to say, NICE job on the Tru-stone--good looking pen!!!

PenMan1

I'm a car movie buff, too. The pens I've been making lately more closely resemble "Christine" than Elenor.

Cheer up, Mark. Everybody on this site owns AT LEAST one set of pen punches. I have one and one half sets..... The new set and half of the other set that I DIDN'T throw across the shop in a colorful language contest.

ctubbs

Ok, Mark. I have never built a FP so what is the error. I do have two ordered so if I can learn from your glitch it would be very helpful. By the way, I think you have a beautiful pen. Of course I am male and red does catch my wandering eye real quick. Everyone that has not used or needed to use a punch set stand up. All I hear, Mark are the chairs creeking as we all lean back. That is like the tember man that claims to never have fallen a tree other than where he intended. He has fell no more than three trees or he is a lieyer. I have done both and I am proud of it. Well maybe not so proud.
Andy, I have many more Christines than Elenors.
Charles

MarkHix

Charles, I was so focused on the cap, finally getting one completed, and matching the pattern as well as I could to the barrell, that I swapped ends on the barrell. One end is slightly smaller than the other. You can see it if if you look close. You can feel it pretty easily. It is only a few hundredths off but it is enough. It is an easy mistake to make but you would think that after making as many of these as I have, I would get it right (LOL)......you ought to see my Cigar mistakes.

Red seems to be the only Trustone that gives me trouble. I cropped the original photos so you could see what the issue was. I did not take new photos but the fit is right on now.

Attachments

• Truestone error 2.jpg
    Truestone error 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Truestone error.jpg
    Truestone error.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 132

ctubbs

OUCHIE! Since red is the one that messes you up, you must have the same color problem I have, Red Blindness. Of course it gets much when there is a Blonde driving a bright red convertable. That always makes my ribs on my wife's side sour. hehe ouch!
Charles

Top Bottom