My third pen - actually kinda nice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redwd707

Kinda nice is right! Looks like youre just a little micromesh away from a spectacular pen. Your learning curve is astounding.

edit) I really like the shape on that one.

Last edited:

watch_art

Thanks! I actually tried a little on the finish with this one.

As for the shape - I wanted a bit more taper in the cap but other things came up and finished a bit short of that goal. Painted the bathroom today. Ugh. Stinky nasty paint.

watch_art

Thanks! I've got a long way to go though -- least it feels that way. I keep making little mistake and my technique is still lacking - but I'm getting there.

bluwolf

Your initial progress is terrific! You're an inspiration to anyone who's waiting to jump into kitless pens. Well done.

Mike

el_d

Great job.

Great shape, grab some steel wool and buff this pen and leave it as a "matte" finish and get on the next one.

OKLAHOMAN

Shawn, you've proved to us and yourself that your going to become a top notch component less pen maker in no time.Your progress is astounding.

watch_art

Shawn, you've proved to us and yourself that your going to become a top notch component less pen maker in no time.Your progress is astounding.

Thanks!
I really want to get some of the kit parts so I can turn clutch and mechanical pencils, RBs and BPs for people. I'll need to save up some pennies first. :biggrin:

Top Bottom