My Third Cat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks to Ed Brown (ed4copies), I've finished the "Ocelot".

20064641419_OcelotFP.jpg

The rich browns and blacks told me to keep the black insert in the centerband this time. ;)

Also, a special thank you to Pat Lawson</u> for her recommendation of the "Pen Makers' Kit" of diamond paste polishes. The glint you see is a direct result of using these products. If it can make my resin pens look this good, I strongly endorse it for the rest of you!

Thanks to all who look and particularly to those who take the time to comment. [8D]

Edit in: I almost forgot...that's a Penchetta 14k solid gold nib!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very nice Lou, I am glad you commented on the diamond polish. It does make for a shine. I purchased some to but haven't used it. I was a bit surprised when I recieved it. Just three little suringes. I thought I was buying a FIX ! [:D] Curiuos, how much did you put on a cloth to polish it??

Oh my, what a beautiful nib you have. [:p] [:D]

Johnathan

Lou, where did you get your paste from? I've heard pat talk about it in regards to polishing the metals. I've seen a couple different companies selling this stuff, what is the best?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Tony - I put about a 3/8" dab directly on each blank. Johnathan - the kit is available from Roy James of Beta Diamond Products (1-800-975-9009). Three 2 gram syringes (8,000 grit, 14,000 grit and 60,000 grit) are packaged for $15 plus $5 for Priority Mail. William - ain't it the truth?! [8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For those whose monitors are similar to mine, there really IS a pattern there!! I see a beautifully finished all brown pen. Now, of course, Eagle named one of his pens "Nearly all Brown" because I gave him some of the materials, but the ocelot isn't really "all Brown".

The finish IS great, Lou. With the gold nib, that's going to be one expensive pen!! Hope you sell it easily!!

Thanks again for posting my cats. More coming in mid-April.

gerryr

Beautiful pen and nib, Lou. I think I better get some of that polishing stuff, and probably some cats too. These I won't mind, no hairballs![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom