My Thanks to Mr. Powell and Mr. Walden

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

The BOW/Cross blank I got from Lyle Walden some time ago and just found it yesterday, the other pen is made from a blank that Jeff Powell sent me two weeks ago, it's crabapple with red resin fill.Both have magnificant color and grain.

IMG_2203.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I like them both. Jeff knocks out some very nice blanks. You did a good job turning both of these. I like the cross BOW blank.

ThomJ

Wow, great ;looking pens. That one with the cross is what I been looking for, for a friend I went to seminary with.

jttheclockman

They both came out real well on all aspects of the pens. Does the cross on the BOW go all the way through??? Is there a cross on both sides??? Thanks for showing.

Padre

I think your pens are always fantastic Roy!!

Was the crab-apple wood itself dyed? The resin/wood combo is really nice.

lwalden

As always, beautiful work on both of those Roy! John T., the bloodwood cross and holly oval do not go all the way through, that's an inlay to tube depth only. As to the quality of the BOW itself, credit goes to Nolan. He carries highly figured BOW blanks at a bit of an upcharge, and in my opinion it's well worth the couple of extra bucks to make sure I'm dealing with a premium figured blank when I put these together.

OKLAHOMAN

lwalden

The checks in the mail...right? See Lyle told you it'll work, :wink:

Guys, all kidding aside I've had a few of these over the years from Lyle and these are the best you'll ever get.

sending you a pm....
Lyle do you sell the cross blanks or just make them for yourself? I would like to have a few to make into pens for some close friends.

Hey now...I want in on this too!

Roy, thanks for the plug!! I guess we'll need to discuss some sort of commission if you keep sending folks my way!! Hope I'm not polluting your thread, I know this isn't the classifieds so trying to keep follow-up to pm's.
Once again, though, you do a wonderful job with your pens and photography both, Roy. Glad to see you're getting back into the shop regularly after the earlier health scare!!

workinforwood

Beautiful pens Roy. That crabapple looks to have some pretty nice character to it. I don't usually do anything along the worthless wood type blanks..but I had a couple pieces of wood like that and a few drops of resin in the bottom of the jug to use up, so I decided to restore that wood to something useful. Great to see you were able to do something with it.

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks all for the complements and again my thanks to Jeff and Lyle. Jeff you know that I'll take your cast a ways anytime.

Top Bottom