My tangerine ribbon fountain pen mod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Maximil

Maximil

My two double closed end pen (pics P.1 and P.2)

Hello

This is my last pen (the 8th), always without any lathe, only my drill. It's a gentleman Jr fountain pen with tangerine ribbon celluloid blank. It's for a friend who wanted this "epure" :)confused: = simple and zen) design. It's not easy to do this :)mad:), I have had to make my own tools to turn it on my drill but with time, I did it :biggrin:

What do you think about ?
(I know: my pictures are very bad:party:)

Attachments

• IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

A double closed end on a drill press? Man, my hat is off to you!

You are going to fall over first pen you make on a normal lathe!

Maximil

Thanks to all for your felicitations :) It's always pleasant to read :)

For those who didn't saw my first pen, they were here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36528

The work with a drill press is difficult in comparaison of a lathe, because I have to mesure with a comparator the concentricity regularly and the work's position isn't easy :biggrin: (I have to broke my neck, as one said here).

Maximil

Real nice work, even from an awkward position. Heck. Why not just lay that press down & use it like a lathe.

Mmm I don't know. Perhap's cause I don't want to lay down and push up the drill all the 5 minutes ?!

Desertyellow: "kudos" what's this ?

Maximil

Another pen this WE

Hello

This week was particularly pluvious, so here's a new pen. This is on a base of gentleman Jr fountain pen kit, with antique gold celluloid blank, and less and less part of kit. In a few time, I would like to make the most possible part of the pen without a kit but for this pen, I only wanted a simple but beautiful pen. Do you think it's win ? :wink:

(HS: is there anywhere a tutorial or exemple in making homemade clip in stainless steel ?)

Attachments

• antique gold.JPG
    antique gold.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 120
Top Bottom