My Take on the Jack Daniels Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

This is my take on the JD blank pen. It is a Black Cigar with JD Blank and JD decal. Finished in CA/BLO. Pen still shows some wood texture (ie its not a glossy glass finish). I am pretty happy with it. I wanted the decal to look a little more like it is stamped or burnt into the wood, so I will work on that a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG_5817-web.jpg
    IMG_5817-web.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,495
  • IMG_5820-web.jpg
    IMG_5820-web.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 728
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

I Like it, decals can be a pain sometimes to get straight and make them look good. Looks like you got it right from here, good job Great Looking Pen.

wizard

Gary, I love it! The black lettering on the decal you made, placement of the decal and the choice of black kit bringing out the grain of the wood really makes that pen outstanding! Thank you for showing. Regards, Doc

bgio13

Nice job, pen and decal look great, I haven't quite gotten the decal thing down yet. If you want that burnt in look you could have it lazer engraved. I had Ken at www.kallenshaanwoods.com do my pen and had a box done as well. He wasn't able to use the Jack Daniels name as it is copyrighted, but I am happy with how everything came out. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to give you another idea.

Bill

Attachments

• jd 1.JPG
    jd 1.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 105
  • jd 2.JPG
    jd 2.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 133

G1Pens

.......He wasn't able to use the Jack Daniels name as it is copyrighted......

Bill

I thought about the copyright issue, but I figure they won't go after someone making one pen. BTY I would imagine "Old No 7" is copyrighted as well. But until we produce pens in quantity, I doubt we are in any danger.

studioso

.......He wasn't able to use the Jack Daniels name as it is copyrighted......

Bill

I thought about the copyright issue, but I figure they won't go after someone making one pen. BTY I would imagine "Old No 7" is copyrighted as well. But until we produce pens in quantity, I doubt we are in any danger.

In fact, I'm thinking that they should pay you!

Such great advertisement...

But doesn't the ca seal away the aroma?

JoeOCNJ

I like it!! How did you do the decal, is it something you made, or did you buy it somewhere. I make JD pens and wouldnt mind borrowing your idea for one.

Jgrden

The combination of the White Oak and the Black Cigar kit are perfect. The decal gains a A+ on your report card.

Top Bottom