My Take on Bamboo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gold Cigar kit using craft store bamboo. I felt that a bamboo pen should look more like bamboo.

005917184449_Bamboo%20Cigar%20Before%20and%20After.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtparso

I like that. Love the knuckles. How big was the nateral hole in the middle? Did you have to fill it or wasa it small enough to drill and tube?

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks, Ron. I was surprised that there was almost no hole in the middle. I was thinking about having to build up the middle to have something to glue the blank to, but it was not necessary.

dubdrvrkev

It might be better to start with a blank that was closer to the size of a pen. I should harvest some since I have bamboo growing in my yard. When I trimmed it last is didn't seem very substantial though, of course that was before I was turning I may have to re-visit my trimming soon. [}:)]

PenWorks

Good looking pen William. Kind of looks like antler from the photo. I have a bamboo on my table sittin there for a couple months now. Just the bomboo, I don't want to turn it, but leave it natural. Having technical difficulties with the design fit.

BigRob777

I can't believe you found some bamboo that tight, knuckle-wise. Nice job on the whole thing (fit and finish just isn't my lingo yet). I've been talking to my wife about turning some bamboo, but the knuckles, or webs, whatever, were too far apart. I'd probably chop it up anyway. I wonder if you can dye it, so the joints stand out. Not that this pen needs anything more.

Is that a cigar pen kit. It looks like the ones I just bought from woodturningz. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom