My Summer Extravaganza Slimline Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bruce markwardt

I realize that this may be a bit too far out of the box for some, but this was entry in the Summer Extravaganza Slimline contest. It is Super Sculpey polymer clay sculpted, baked, then painted with acrylic paint.

One of my (too many) hobbies is making polymer clay figures, some of which I sell locally and some of which end up as presents. Most of these are holiday themed. Santas for Christmas, witches for Halloween - that sort of thing. I had thought about how to make a pen using the same basic processes I use to make larger figures and this one was my first attempt. It was a long way from perfect but I think it convinced me that this is something I should explore a little further.

And yes, there is a bit of turning in these. In modeling the figure, I did the legs on one tube of the slimline kit and the body on the other tube. To hide where the two halves meet, I turned a mortise on the lower portion of the body and a tenon on the upper half of the legs. The clay turned pretty easily and happily, it didn't blow up!

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There is a lot of creativity and detail to that pen. It looks amazing and would be perfect in the Freestyle contest in the Bash.

Top Bottom