My son's second pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cleanslate

cleanslate

This is the second pen that my nine year old son, Keith, made. He made his first pen two weeks ago and gave it to a close family friend (at first he was going to give it to his teacher, but later changed his mind.) This one is a purpleheart slimline that he is going to give to his mother when he goes home later this week. I couldn't be any prouder of him for the work that he is doing with making pens as well as his determination to see a project through. He says every time he comes to visit with me that he wants to make at least one pen, so I am going to cherrish every moment I get to spend out in the shed teaching him the craft that I, for the most part learned on my own by trial & error (and am still learning by that method)

013-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
My boys all 4 of them are all grown up and gone and I can say these times you will remember always. I have an 11 year old daughter now and I enjoy the time in the shop with her The kids always remember these times also. Tell your Son great job on his second pen...............

cleanslate

Keith and myself both say thanks for the compliments. He turned another one tonight, a retro pen that he ptomptly gave to his grandmother. I'm having camera troubles right now, but as soon as I get some pics of it I'll post them. I've also got to get some pics of the ones that Ive made so far up on here.

Drstrangefart

Dude, that's awesome. I think I was just starting my love affair with owning lawnmowers and using them. Dad got me to where I could repair most troubles on mowers and bikes before I was 14. I'll NEVER forget that.

CREID

I'm starting to really not like your son. Just kidding. You can't believe how long it took me to get a pen that looked that good. Come to think of it, I don't think I've figured it out yet!
Curt

cleanslate

Thanks again y'all. I can't believe how quickly he is picking up on this stuff. I can't wait to see what he'll be doing in a couple of years if he decides that he wants to stick with it. Since he is only nine and still in school I'm sure that before school starts this coming year he'll be picking out a pencil to make for himself. I'll just have to tell him to make sure to keep it in sight all of the time, you know how kids can be.

Top Bottom