My Son's First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

This is Kolton's, my 11 year old son's, first pen and also my first post on this site. I will post some of my work later.

He turned the Slim Line out of Orange Osage and did everything but the CA finish. I think he did a great job! He is very proud of it :D and would love to hear read your comments.

It got a little thin towards the bottom but I told him tell everyone that it was by design so it would fit his fingers better ;)

IMG_0272.jpg

Happy Turning,
Shane

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Way to go Kolton! I didn't turn my first pen until I was 61 so you've got a bigggg head start! Keep up the good work. Hang on to that pen. It will always be a treasure to you.

JimGo

Wow, that's awesome! I've only ever done bulges down by the writing tip, not an indentation - pretty clever! I like the contrasts between heart and sapwood in that piece. Over all, I wouldn't have noticed the slight indentation had you not mentioned it. The fit looks pretty darn good, too!

Stevej72

Hey, Kolton, great job. Where it is a little thin at the bottom looks like it was designed that way, I don't think anyone would ever question that.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well done Kolton. Looks good even from my side of the planet.[:D]
I'm glad you beat your Dad in getting a pic on the site!!![:D]

Fred

Way to go Kolton! Excellent first pen. Be sure to keep it for yourself as the first one is a great memento and it allows you to compare as your turning skills improve. You gotta be proud of this one! [:D]

Shane

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, I appreciate them. My son has read every one of them, several times. I also printed them out so he can show them off to his mom and friends.

Thanks again and Happy Turning,
Shane Whitlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom