My small collection of pens so far...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wolfeman46

Wolfeman46

As some of you know I started turning pens about a week and a half ago and I have to say I'm hooked. This can become an expensive hobby if you let it! I started with a purpleheart pen, but I didn't have any type of finishing except for sanding so it's a little rough still. After reading I learned how to do the BLO w/ CA which I have done on all my pens with micromesh after 3 coats.

Here are my first two (purpleheart and bubinga):

View in Gallery

I had a friend send me some tiger maple and I couldn't wait to try it. It's hard to get the lines in it that you in person, but I like it.

View in Gallery

My third pen I tried walnut that the same friend sent me. I tried the summit/european style this time and I have to say I'm very fond of it!

View in Gallery

Today I did three pens. Two of them are actually to sell to someone at church. One is a walnut with gunmetal kit and the other is bloodwood with gunmetal kit. I didn't have any silver in slimline, but I really like how the bloodwood turned out.

View in Gallery

And last is one I'll be giving my niece for graduation. It's zebrawood and in the summit/european style. I really like the look of it. If she doesn't like it I wouldn't mind keeping it. ;)

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Except for the first purpleheart they were done with 3 coats of BLO/med CA then sanded with micromesh and then a final coat of BLO/med CA.

Any comments about things I could do better would be appreciated! Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vakmere

Excellent. I like the walnut and especially the zebrawood. And yes this can be an expensive habit but budget for it and get creative along the way. Hand a couple out just to get feedback on how folks like the feel of the pens. Maybe not so wide on the bottom?

Last edited:
Top Bottom